• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Deidre for Luna

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I called this family outing
Family outing.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Just a quick update. DS version has been submitted to Hivewire and is currently being tested.

Firefly mats in Poser are finished except for the half a dozen icons for the mats. Injections are complete. Still working on creating a pose file that contains the scaling as well as the morphs.
Here's a render from Poser with Luna with just Deidre, middle figure is Deidre 3 year old(slight differences in the neck as Poser will not accept points of e.g. 85.2% like DS will, final figure is Diva with Deidre.
Just love Trumacar's terrific Christening Dress. Must work out how to get it on Diva in Poser.
height comparison.png

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Same dress and hair on Deidre 3 Year Old in Firefly...hair colour doesn't look quite the same but I may have added some red to the diffuse on the other one. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of halo around the hair...I'm going to try a different set of lights. Still doing it with different lights.
Okay...changed to jpeg and it got rid of it.
deidrepromo3.jpg

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Deidre has been on a hold for a while and I just wanted to let everyone know what is happening. I have been thinking for a while that I really want to be making my textures from scratch rather than using Merchant Resources, and by a while I'm talking over the last 12 months. I've felt like I'm rushing things and using MR's to replace skills I haven't perfected yet but this also means that those skills don't get perfected as you get caught up in the making of things instead.

So I've decided to put a hold on Deidre and any other characters until I can release her the way I would like to, which is where it is all my own work(no merchant resources) and where I've created proper displacement maps in Zbrush not just desaturated maps in PS and adjusted other settings. This may mean that I won't be releasing much for a while but it will mean that when I do it will be at the standard that I want it to be.

Sorry about this but I don't want to release a product that is not to the standard that I would like.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Just catching up with this thread Pen. That Family Outing render is great. :D