• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Daz Studio Killing Carrara Access

Hornet3d

Wise
Well, they are working on Hexagon, at least. I've read that it's really going well. They've stabilized it and are adding new features, I think. I have it but I won't get the beta. I'll wait until the stable release is out. But I've read good things about it. I'm working on learning modeling in Silo. Working on it. Actually, working on getting back to working on it. ;)

Yes I moved from Hexagon to Silo and I quite like it. Good to hear they are now working on it again as I would not rule out going back if the new version was good.

DanaTA

Distinguished
It's reported that there will be a 64 bit version. That's very good news. Silo is 64 bit. Just getting into it. I started a while back but had things hinder me in life and haven't gotten back to it. Was following tutorials by Fugazzi1966 (number?) from Renderosity, the Chest. Was having troubles with the UV part...hinges were wonky.

Dana

Nod

Adventurous
You may well be right it is not a threat to DS but if it isn't then why not sell it and let someone develop it, along with Bryce and Hexagon. I have no axe to grind by the way, it is just a shame to see decent programs fall by the wayside when they have so much going for them.
Why should they sell it? To me, Daz have always come across as being arseholes. They're like the kid who takes the ball, when you won't let him have his way.
I think if Daz supported Carrara more, they'd have folk making even more content for them, same with Bryce. Maybe that's why they're doing something with Hexagon after all these years?

Hornet3d

Wise
It's reported that there will be a 64 bit version. That's very good news. Silo is 64 bit. Just getting into it. I started a while back but had things hinder me in life and haven't gotten back to it. Was following tutorials by Fugazzi1966 (number?) from Renderosity, the Chest. Was having troubles with the UV part...hinges were wonky.

Dana

I used Fugazi1968's range of tutorials , think I have just about everything he produced up until I moved away from Renderosity. Not only were the tutorials great but it was good to be able to compare with what you had in solo with what was being shown in the video. I used to save a project on a regular basis and quickly lost count of the number of times I went back a step and rewound the video because my effort did not match the tutorial.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I used Fugazi1968's range of tutorials , think I have just about everything he produced up until I moved away from Renderosity. Not only were the tutorials great but it was good to be able to compare with what you had in solo with what was being shown in the video. I used to save a project on a regular basis and quickly lost count of the number of times I went back a step and rewound the video because my effort did not match the tutorial.

That happened to me sometimes, too. Some things were not behaving the way they were for him. I found a way around it, though. I think it may be the difference in versions...I have the newest version.

Dana