• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Daz Studio 4.23 Premier anyone?

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I've just spotted this little item and I must admit I'm dubious about taking the plunge and paying $18.95 per month for something I probably won't use that much. There are a lot of questions to be answered before then and I fail to see how they have produced a list of FAQ for something which was only announced a few hours ago. I suppose at heart the fact remains that I gave up on Poser because of it's cost and the fact that so many features available in DS were missing. Also I'm very reluctant to enter a subscription system for something I enjoy for free (ignoring the thousands of dollars I've already spent on products at the Daz shop). Any thoughts out there on the subject would be most welcome both as to now and the future for DS! Regards!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
That is expensive isn't it? Daz+ at $9.99/month ($119.88.year). Daz Premier $18.98 ($227.76/year). Well beyond my pension given that our wonderful government now taxes it. The only other benefit from it would be the Geometry sculpture given that I tend towards creating my own characters which is easily done with Face Transfer and morphing these days. So! Sorry Daz but no thanks!

Just been through the offer with a fine tooth-comb. I see nothing I would use or want in the Premiere subscription. No seamless Stable Diffusion add-on so we can also 'render' with AI, for instance. Seems like it's aimed at their content developers, or those who think the DAZ figures and environments are a quick-fix for adding videogame content, or people who are really only users of Blender/Maya.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
If they were to price it at half that, around 10 a month, I MIGHT have gone for it but 20 bucks a month? NOPE!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Also I had a funny feeling that the sculpting tools was Mesh Grabber and it is but it's been enhanced, probably tools I could use but if I can't buy them separately and only can access them paying that ungodly monthly fee I guess me and ZBrush will remain friends.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
There are a lot of perks you aren't mentioning. Like one free character bundle a month. 20 bucks a month and one of the things you get is a $100 character bundle.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
For many of us the character bundles are of no use. I RARELY if EVER use any of the ones I bought. Maybe for a new user this would be a wonderful thing because of the excitement of all new shiny stuff to use but older users like myself that are more into content creation... meh!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
There are a lot of perks you aren't mentioning. Like one free character bundle a month. 20 bucks a month and one of the things you get is a $100 character bundle.

Not such a new user here, and I can find use for the characters.
Pretty much a case of swings and roundabout I think! I'm very fussy about the characters I use because I find far too many of them don't fit into my ethic as an artist, and that for me, is what Daz is all about. It is a tool I find excellent for producing my images and thats the end of it. Thus free characters every month doesn't count as a valid reason for paying $227.76/annum for characters I don't like, have no use for or will never use. Of course, there is the option of not downloading them but that obviously negates one of the supposed perks. Over the last few months I've upgraded my PC during which I took the opportunity to remove a number of characters which looked tempting in the store and which I never actually got around to using. The result was I now how 26 characters which I use constantly (including the ones I've created with Face Transfer and morphing saved out as character presets. I also removed 231 characters, some of which never made an appearance and will never see the light of day. So I'm sorry but justifying the cost of a Premier membership just to hoard character bundles isn't an option. Regards!

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Pretty much a case of swings and roundabout I think! I'm very fussy about the characters I use because I find far too many of them don't fit into my ethic as an artist, and that for me, is what Daz is all about. It is a tool I find excellent for producing my images and thats the end of it. Thus free characters every month doesn't count as a valid reason for paying $227.76/annum for characters I don't like, have no use for or will never use. Of course, there is the option of not downloading them but that obviously negates one of the supposed perks. Over the last few months I've upgraded my PC during which I took the opportunity to remove a number of characters which looked tempting in the store and which I never actually got around to using. The result was I now how 26 characters which I use constantly (including the ones I've created with Face Transfer and morphing saved out as character presets. I also removed 231 characters, some of which never made an appearance and will never see the light of day. So I'm sorry but justifying the cost of a Premier membership just to hoard character bundles isn't an option. Regards!

No problem. We each have our own way of doing things.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
If I were just getting into this, I might be tempted. But when my content library is already in multiple levels of redundant, not so much.
I did re-iterate that I was still in DAZ+. That is definitely worth it. But I'm a bit miffed that there is no hint of retaining the annual membership, just a monthly one. I'd rather not be renting my membership by the month.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
They'll, likely, grandfather in your yearly membership. When they had originally gotten rid of the monthly option, I could still get mine by the month. Until I had to cancel it for a while.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
4 + 7 hours of talking about Premier? Little overboard! LOL
It is a bit of a stretch isn't it? The guy does tend to ramble on a bit around the subject. I've been taking it in one hour sections myself. Still, there is a lot of information to be gleaned in there and he does offer some good solutions to 'improvements' which don't actually work as they should be expected to. Character Conversion springs to mind! We can only persevere and wonder why!

robert952

Brilliant
Apologies for just getting on board this thread. I just now started reading the ads in detail.

Is DAZ Studio going to be a subscription service, going the route of Adobe and others?
The add says DAZ 4.23 Premier. Will there be a DAZ 4.23 'regular?'

I hate when someone says I pay a fee and get stuff free. I pay a fee and in exchange I get X,Y and Z. In this case a monthly character bundle, some incentive products for joining, bigger discounts, and access to 'exclusive' content - though I doubt it stays exclusive.

Still pondering like most on this threadd.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I was laughing to myself about some of the ad copy, something to the effect of, "Save even more with a new membership!"
No thanks, I can save the most with no membership at all!