• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Daz Gen 4 figures in Poser 11--configuration issues

Minyassa

Enthusiast
I would like some help from anyone who's been using Michael 4/Victoria 4 in Poser 11. I went to download them anew from Daz once I got Poser set up, and noticed immediately that nothing is in .exes anymore and that the zip files containing the bases, morphs and everything else are set up like a normal content zip file. So I install them in my content...and then try to load morphs into them.

M4 morphs loaded.jpg
The problem here is where the morphs have gone. They're all piled in without any categorization, in no particular recognizable order, it's a train wreck. In my old computer, when I had installed them from an .exe file and then there was an initializing file to run and that required running every time I installed a new set of morphs, they went to their designated spot and everything was organized. I did find a .bat file in the !DAZ folder of my runtime's Library, and I ran it from its installed location in that folder, and nada.

I contacted Daz's tech support first thing this morning to ask for help with this. They threw me a link to a generic tutorial on installing zip file content and closed my ticket. After I felt that I could safely speak with human beings again without setting them on fire with swear words, I called and put in another ticket, just in time for them to send me a form letter that they'd got my new ticket and in the meantime here's a useless FAQ of unrelated nonsense to look over. I sent them screenshots and detailed information but I'm not feeling very hopeful that they can help me at all, so I thought I'd better ask here.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hmm. How were your morph INJs organized previously? Your screenshot looks exactly like mine looked like when installing from the exe originally, back when they were first released? I don't see any difference in library structure between what you have here and what I have in Poser.

If you want to re-organize them, you could always make your own sub-folders under the Pose library and put them where you want in there?

Wish I could be more help, sorry! Maybe one of the other more hardcore Poser users will have a better answer for you... but your screenshot looks like what the Daz installers did with my library, too (including the initialization file that you had to run).

Minyassa

Enthusiast
Here's how it looked on the old computer, when I installed from the exe and then was told to update M4 after every morph package (I loaded a saved pz3):

Old Computer M4 Morphs Loaded.jpg

See how the morphs are all in their individual categories? All the ++ morphs are together but in groups, all the different morph sets have their own little area. Everything with a + in front of it has morphs injected into that category and the - are stuff I didn't load any morphs into. This is what that initialization bat did. I have a feeling I need to figure out WHERE to run it but there are NO FREAKING INSTRUCTIONS. ::deep breaths::

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh! You meant the morph dials categorization... okay, yeah, I see what it's doing with yours. That definitely is different from how mine installed with the batch files/initialization.

Back during Victoria 3/Michael 3, I remember setting up myself a pair of fully injected CR2 files. Back then, they didn't have any fancy installer batch file to do it, and I just did it all by hand within Poser's interface. I know it's a pain, but I'm not sure what the difference is between the zip file and the batch files... it would be a bit tedious at first, but you could, theoretically, move/regroup the morphs on the Parameters to your liking, and then save that .CR2 back to the library to load in the future.

I don't know. That's very odd, and I have no idea what might be causing it. Are you installing the Gen4's to your base Poser Runtime, or are they being installed to an external Runtime structure?

I know when I did it before, it insisted that I install them to the local/base Runtime, and it would not accept an external Runtime structure at all... the Poser.exe file had to be in that folder or it would not install.

Don't know if that helps any or not...

Minyassa

Enthusiast
Hmmm. I am installing them to the external content folder that Poser seemed to INSIST that I set up when I installed it. I will try putting the Gen4s into my actual Smith Micro Poser 11 base runtime and see what happens.

Oh wait, I remember why it seems to be insisting--because it doesn't RECOGNIZE the runtime that's in the actual program folder and that just does not show up. Only the Poser 11 content one that it made me set up in a separate folder shows up by default.

I'm not loving how 11 was organized. What was so wrong with the old runtime format that they had to change it?! Grumble growl HMPH.

Minyassa

Enthusiast
Nope. I put Mike directly into my Poser 11 base runtime, along with the ++ morphs, and then I manually added that runtime to my content library after I opened Poser.

nope not this either.jpg

Still doing the exact same thing. That initialization .bat file has got to be the key, I just do not have any clue how to use it. If Daz doesn't either I don't know what I'm going to do. This figure is my bread and butter, I cannot do without him but I cannot work with the morphs all junked up like that.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, I'm not sure how much help I'll be, because I have all my Generation 4 characters still installed in DAZStudio 3 Advanced Runtime. I just access them from within Poser 9 or PoserPro 11.

That said, I "never" do an automatic install, be it from the old .exe files, or the .zip files DAZ and all other 3D marketplaces use. I always install to a dummy folder on my desktop, and then move everything where I want it. Also, I totally ignore the Content folder, and only deal with the Runtime folder within it. These are Poser style characters, unlike any of the Genesis versions (5, 6 and 7), which need the DSON installer to use them in Poser. My Genesis (V5, M5, etc.) characters are installed in my DAZStudio 4.0 Pro Runtime. Since I don't use them in Poser, that Runtime isn't listed in either of my Poser Libraries.

If you hold on for a few, I'll load up M4 within PP11 and do a screenshot of what I'm seeing in the Parameters Tab. I'll also do a screenshot of how I have them installed. The only difference if I had them installed within PP11's Runtime would be no Content folder, but otherwise I install them where I want them.

I can tell you I have 4 base subfolders in my Library for each of my characters. 1) Characters, 2) Clothing, 3) Morphs, 4) Poses. The Morphs are the Base and Morphs++, and the Poses are ONLY the base poses that come with each character. Pose packs I purchase for vendors I put in the Pose Library.

OK, be back in a few.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, here are 2 partial screenshots. The first is of M4 loaded, and Morphs++ applied, in PP11 (on the left) and what I see in the Parameters tab at the bottom right when I select the Body in my Hierarchy Chart. Often the morphs listed in the Parameters tab aren't the same if you have say his Hip selected instead.

M4-PP11.jpg

This second screenshot is of M4 and the subfolders I have for him in my Library. I do my PP11 Library externally, and view it in my browser, so it's not going to look exactly as yours does. The only real difference is that I have him installed in DS 3A rather than directly in PP11, so the only difference would be, there wouldn't be a "content" folder involved.

M4-Library.jpg

As far as the .BAT file, yes I used it to initialize, but only did it initially. I don't recall having to run it more than once. I have them located in the Runtime > Libraries > !DAZ folder, though I think you mentioned you have them, that it just didn't seem to work. I think when I ran the .BAT file it opened a window and ran through a bunch of commands, and then I think the window closed, but I can't be sure as it's been a while.

Minyassa

Enthusiast
Yeah, I ran it right out of that !DAZ folder and nothing happened, it didn't make any changes to the way the morphs load. What you have on your screen is what I'm looking for, definitely. I guess I'll see if Daz tech support has any idea what I'm talking about tomorrow morning. If they care. I can't help but wonder if they didn't brush me off the first time because Poser.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't know, as I haven't dealt with their support much all the years I was buying their products.

If you haven't been to the SM Poser forum, you might want to join and post your questions there, as everyone on that forum uses Poser, and for the most part, they're all very knowledgeable and helpful. Or you could try posting on the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 Technical forum at Renderosity.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Still doing the exact same thing. That initialization .bat file has got to be the key, I just do not have any clue how to use it.
OK, I just had a thought when I re-read your earlier post. Have you tried running the .BAT file, and if so, HOW did you try using it?

IOW, I use Windows Explorer, and I navigate to the !DAZ folder where they are, and just double-click on it, and it opens a pop-up window, runs through the script, and then the window closes. Is that what you're doing? If not, try that, and THEN check to see what happens when you load M4 into a new scene and apply the Morphs++ as I suspect that will do the trick.

Another way is to click the Windows Start button, and click on "Run" in the list on the right, and then navigate to the folder and select the desired .BAT file. It will run that way as well.

Minyassa

Enthusiast
The first method was what I did, through Windows Explorer. It opened up a DOS window and did something super fast, and then that closed. Sadly there was no effect.

Willowisp

Adventurous
I only install things manually myself and never had any problems with it, and I don't have Poser11, so don't know how much advice I can give. However, I have read on Renderosity forums from another user that the best way to install V4/M4 and their morphs, and make sure they work properly, is to let DIM install it. Have you tried using DIM?

Minyassa

Enthusiast
I did, and put it into an entirely new content folder, and it loaded just exactly the same way that's incorrect. I haven't heard from Daz yet this morning.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So as I understand it, your issue isn't with how the morphs appear in the Library, but how they appear in the Parameters Dials window.

I went and opened up my copy of the INJMorphs++ for M4 to see what was going on. Here's what the file looks like:
Code:
{
version
    {
    number 6
    }

readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Michael 4:Deltas:InjDeltas.M4Morphs++All.pz2"
}

So what that tells me is that you need to make sure the folder called !DAZ is installed in the Libraries folder of the Runtime you are using. So it's a folder you wouldn't normally have there for other Poser runtimes, but the way M4 is set up.

I'm not sure if it helps since I'm on a Mac, but here's what my file browser looks like for my M4 runtime:

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's the same setup on a Windows computer as well GG. I just have other files in that folder for V4, V3 and a couple of others.

Minyassa

Enthusiast
My friend just told me that she put the bat files into the same folder as the object and ran it there, so I'm about to try that.

Minyassa

Enthusiast
Nope. That didn't work either.

I heard from Daz tech support today...telling me not to open more than one ticket at the same time. They re-opened the first ticket that they had marked as solved to post that, merged the second ticket into it, and then didn't !@#$%ing touch it for the rest of the day. They literally just took the time to post a passive aggressive punishment for my having had the temerity to be displeased at them for closing my first ticket and calling someone about it.

Minyassa

Enthusiast
And yes, the !DAZ folder is in Libraries, that is where it unzips to. It's FINDING the morphs just fine. The issue is that the base figure is not updating to make an organized format for those morphs and I cannot figure out how to do that.

Willowisp

Adventurous
Well it's clear you have installed correctly as the morphs are present in the figure, and I'm pretty sure the bat file has been run correctly as well, otherwise the morphs wouldn't show up in the figure at all I think. Something is messing up elsewhere, but I have no idea what to suggest..

I think your best bet is to wait for help from Daz. Have you tried posting in the Daz forums? Someone there might have better answers, or at the very least someone there might be able to push up your ticket.