• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

DAZ Categories problem

Vanish

Motivated
Hoping Pendraia or another categories maestro can help me out.

I'm installing all of my content again from scratch. (Been years, and HDD failures, the whole bit) Things have been going smoothly setting up my categories until this evening. The V3 High Fantasy characters will not show up after they've been added to a category. Only a couple ions are there. I also noticed the Dragon Skeleton pose won't come over either. This is true whether I add the folder as via "Create a category from..." option, or I categorize the icons to an existing category folder.

Very frustrating. Here's what I should see:

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 6.58.07 PM.png

Here's what I see instead:
Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 6.58.22 PM.png

Vanish

Motivated
I've tried both "Create categories from folder" and plain old "categorize" to an existing folder.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Where are you doing it from...sorry I'm just in the middle of trying to upload Diva for submission. When I get chance I can show you how I do it with screenshots.

I think I actually have that product I'll check...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
No problem...when I finish uploading her I'll document the process I use. Which version of DS are you using? I'm still on 4.8...

That second image you showed with just the two items...which folder was it?

Vanish

Motivated
I'm using 4.9. Figured I was starting over from scratch so no risk to move on up.

The second image is what the category shows after I made it from the folder in the first image.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...I'm not sure if what I do will work in 4.9 then as it worked for me...as you can see from the final image all of the items transferred. I'm wondering if they have changed categories somehow...either that or it's a bug. I was going to upgrade but now I'm not so sure I want to...
1st image.jpg

2nd image.jpg

3rd images.jpg

Final view categories high fantasy.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That was my thought...what you're doing should work and did work in 4.9. Are you going to file a bug report?