• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Creating New Character for Dawn?

MadameOlga

New-Bee
Hello, I'm new here. I'm interested in trying to make a new character for the Dawn figure. Is there somewhere here that has any information or instructions? I've made a character (morphs and textures) for a difficult Poser figure called Scarlet, so I know pretty much how to do it. But I didn't try to sell it. I'm interested in maybe trying to sell a character for Dawn. So I would need to know how to package the morphs and textures. I will attach my render of my character Clotilde that I made for Scarlet figure.View media item 754

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, Olga (hope that's not too informal :p) and welcome!

I'm about to move over the info on this from our old forum, so give me a few minutes and I'll put a link here for you :)

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, Llola! And welcome to you, too!!

Give me a bit here - I'm doing a bit of updating :)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Welcome, Olga and what a smashing character you've created. Very vampish and sophisticated.

MadameOlga

New-Bee
Thank you for liking Clotilde/Scarlet. And thank you for posting the Guidelines. I will read through it and see if I can understand.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
She is pretty !

You're welcome - let me know if something doesn't make sense, and as I note in that thread, don't get freaked out by it :)

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Are there any MR's for Harry horse?

None that I'm aware of..

eta - you can, though, point your material files to parts of the original product, as long as you are not redistributing those files.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I think that is ok. If you point to parts of the original product, to note that in your ReadMe file. Keep in mind, though, that Dawn SR2 and Dawn SE have completely different texture files, so the files will only work if people own and still have that product installed. So probably not the best idea...