• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Creating custom morphs in DS4

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Lorraine asked me if I could do a tutorial on this...so here it is. This is only one way you can do this. It is also possible to do this via GoZ and the bridge to hex using a similar process

This is my process for adding a custom morph when you have an object file for that morph.

I will be using Sanbie's Cutie Pie outfit for Diva for Dawn.

I'm starting by loading the prop that she set up for Poser ClothRoom.

cutie pie prop dress.jpg

Using the transfer utility I select Dawn as the Source figure and change the item shape to current.

I select dress as the target and I leave the item shape at default.

I'm using the DVL Projection templates and I've chosen Gown Clean

You could probably also use the HiveWire template Skirt Short.

Click on show options and tick Reverse Source Shape from Target
cutiepie settings.jpg

If at this point you look at the wireframe you will see that using Reverse Source has altered the wireframe as it goes through a process of fitting it to Dawn and then back to Diva. This is an easy fix as we already have the object file for this dress in Diva's size.

Zero the figure shape so it goes back to Dawn.

At this point I would probably take the outfit into a modeller and fix any problems caused by autofitting it to Dawn and then resave just so it could be used with Dawn as well. Then bring it back into DS and use the transfer utility to weight map the item.

We're going to skip that step as this is about creating a custom morph. My morph that this outfit is made for is called plDiva. At the moment DS automatically generates the morph in the dress as I dial it into Dawn but I want to use the original object file so that the wire frame is perfect.

First select the dress and click on the morph loader pro dialogue it's the flexed arm with the P on it.
cutie pie morphloader pro.jpg

Click on Choose morph files and select your object file.

The second line will have the object file name. I'm going to change that to match the name of the morph in this case plDiva…it needs to match exactly.

I'm also going to change the Property group to match where I find Diva in Dawn by right clicking and selecting the correct path. If the path isn't there that you want don't stress as you can create it later if needed.

And then right click on Make unique and change it to Deltas and ERC Links. It's the option at the bottom.

cutiepie morph loader pro settings.jpg

Click accept…if all goes well you'll get a message saying you have successfully loaded a morph.

Save the dress

cutie pie prop dress wm.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
It's a similar process too and from ZBrush. I'd more than happy to post some screen shots if there is interest.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Ram! It is very similar I normally use goZ but we were working on a specific project and Lorraine asked could I show her how to do it which is why i did it using an object file. I'm not sure how much interest there would be but I'm sure there would be people who would find it useful.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
There's a wee bit of my hair on the floor after this. Firstly, using the original dress obj, the morph would not work. So then I imported the original obj, loaded the morph to that and got a success message. Yay! But no, the textures don't work now. So I loaded the original obj and the texture doesn't work with that either. Back to the drawing board. Loaded the dress prop, exported it as an obj, used that for the morph. Success! But it didn't quite fit and had a kink in the skirt. And when I put a smoothing modifier into the dress, the boobs came back and the link didn't go away. Sigh. I don't know what I did wrong but I shut the computer down before I threw it overboard and came ashore for a wine.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Did you export the object before or after weight mapping....? It can be frustrating at times. The original prop if exported prior to weight mapping shouldn't have any kinks. Wine is always good...

Lorraine

Pen, I exported the obj before I weightmapped/fitted it to Diva. Wine was very good, all entire bottle of it :)

Sanbie, it is so nice to be understood. Maybe we should start a support group ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
No problem Seliah...

@Lorraine, my brain is really fuzzy at the moment...I'm actually home sick and have been all week. If you have any pics of what happened that may help me to work out what's going on...

Lorraine

I'll do that, Pen. Will be firing up the gennie after I've been ashore, the tide will have changed by then.

Lorraine

You nana napped, I got sidetracked, now I'm full of blue vein and beer and don't feel like doing a darn thing. I have a very low blue vein and beer resistance threshold...

Szark

Awesome
No problem Seliah...

@Lorraine, my brain is really fuzzy at the moment...I'm actually home sick and have been all week. If you have any pics of what happened that may help me to work out what's going on...
hope you are feeling better Pen.

Out of interest Pen do you know a lot about Morph Loader Pro and where did you learn it? I am looking for help with simple prop related morphs...nothing to do with figures, clothing, ERC and PBMs, just straight simple morph injections.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hey Szark, I'm beginning to feel better thanks!

Most of the stuff I know about Morph Loader Pro has been found through snippets here and there on forums and just experimenting. I think I read somewhere about the custom morphs but it was a while back before Gen2. Most info would have been gleaned from the Daz forums or even the wiki.

With your prop it would be simple to load the morph and then save it as a morph asset I'm unsure why you would need an injection for it. Sorry my brain is still fuzzy...but Morph Loader Pro is easy to use. Basically load up the morph and then save it. If you don't add the path at the time of loading the morph it can be done after in the parameter tab. The process above should work for normal morphs just don't do the last part and leave the morph with a unique name.

Szark

Awesome
Good to hear.

Ok with the info I got off the DAZ3D forums and this info I am starting to get the gist. Thanks. I will probably trying this over the weekend.

Szark

Awesome
ok sweet will do but only if I have no choice though. :) I have a starting point which is the main thing for me as we are now entering the twilight zone for me. I have been hesitant delving in to this aspect of DS but it is time to do so now. After this is weight mapping which has been covered quite well in vids and documentation. Unlike Morph Loader Pro... :(