• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Contortionist poses for Dawn

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
i am working in a set of contortionist poses for Dawn...i have as model Zlata
you can see some here: Bend It Like Zlata: Contortionist Poses for new Calendar

so far i did this ...is not easy to mimic the real bending...but i hope is almost accurate

Render 1.jpg
1f7567d27d9b384543579c6fd81ef704.jpg
Render 2.jpg
05f0faf3-c229-4850-898b-8478db7f9f8d.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW! I don't know how gals can do those kind of poses in real life, and I have enough problems just tweaking poses I've purchased from someone who knows how to do character poses, to even "think" about creating my own from scratch.

Keep up the good work Mininessie. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
an ask please! someone knows how to avoid pokethrough in poser? i only know how to do it in Daz

The best way I have found these days is to use the morph tool, it is the pointing hand in the editing tools list. Launch this and then click the create on the top tab. From there you want 'tighten fit' which is the fist item on the bottom row of actions, shown as a dot with four arrows pointing inwards. A panel will open up with the leotard selected in preview you select the goal, in this case Dawn. Poke through margin sets how far you want the clothes to be away from the goal, I would start with 0.0002 for something like this. Radius and Margin just select the size of the brush and how far the mesh will move each stroke.

If the leotard is selected correctly you will now see the mesh turn to black lines and the tool will show a circle with the weight map type colouring, red in the middle, orange, yellow and green showing areas most affected from the middle out. Now just run the tool over any area there is poke through, I normally start from the middle of the exposed area and work out. If the end result is a bit bumpy you can use smooth selection in this tool (iron icon) to smooth it out.

I hope that makes sense and is some help to you.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
thanks..yes really is incredible how some people can do this!
thanks for the tips on the Pokethrough thwe fuuny thing is that in Daz studio i do not have problems with the leotard...only in poser 10

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The best way I have found these days is to use the morph tool, it is the pointing hand in the editing tools list. Launch this and then click the create on the top tab. From there you want 'tighten fit' which is the fist item on the bottom row of actions, shown as a dot with four arrows pointing inwards. A panel will open up with the leotard selected in preview you select the goal, in this case Dawn. Poke through margin sets how far you want the clothes to be away from the goal, I would start with 0.0002 for something like this. Radius and Margin just select the size of the brush and how far the mesh will move each stroke.

If the leotard is selected correctly you will now see the mesh turn to black lines and the tool will show a circle with the weight map type colouring, red in the middle, orange, yellow and green showing areas most affected from the middle out. Now just run the tool over any area there is poke through, I normally start from the middle of the exposed area and work out. If the end result is a bit bumpy you can use smooth selection in this tool (iron icon) to smooth it out.

I hope that makes sense and is some help to you.
thanks ...you explained it so well and easy...it works perfect...thanks!