• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Content Paradise is shutting down

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
SMS has announced today that CP will close doors by November 12th, and all vendors, if so desire, will be moved to Renderosity. At the same time, Renderosity will become the new official SMS Poser content store. If the vendor accepts the transfer, their products will be moved to Rosity, being submitted to their QAV. Considering CP never had a QAV process, there is a chance that many CP products will not get accepted at Rosity until revised.

I have been a CP vendor for over a decade, and somehow this doesn't surprise me, considering SMS Poser development went silent since last year, and they never wanted to run the CP store anyway. I think this was inevitable and expected. One less Poser store - not sure how many still exist out there. Now they are throwing the ball to Rosity to hand Poser contents at official capacity.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think it was inevitable, considering SMS being vocal about being unwilling to inherit the store when Poser was acquired. Not surprisingly, they have neglected it for years, then performed a plastic surgery on the interface - which BTW didn't address any of the complains - and now gave up on it for good. The facts speak for themselves - SMS never wanted the store from the very beginning, and it has been a burden for them ever since. They are already as software retailer, and apparently, they never wanted to sell contents.

On the other hand, this could be an opportunity for HW to get more vendors. Either that, or perhaps to get more products from vendors who are already here, like for example, Karanta. I only have 1 product for Dawn at CP, and I will either bring it here, or [maybe] migrate it to RO (very unlikely).

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm not surprised either. Over the years I think I actually "purchased" a dozen things, with Poser 7 and Poser 9 being 2 of them. Most of what I got there were freebies, and I never liked the way they forced you to pay a fee to be able to download your items after a very short period of time, unlike any other 3D store I've ever shopped in.

Hornet3d

Wise
Yes, I got an email notifying me of the change.
I won't be transferring to Renderosity so I'll be totally HiveWire now. :)

Same here, I have been buying a few items from CP since the revamp but there is no way I will be going back to Renderosity. I wonder what will happen to all those that paid for the extended download that some people paid for. Luckily other than the one time it strangely sneaked back into the shopping cart I never purchased it. It has never been a great store but somehow I still think this is yet another blow for Poser. It also had a growing wardrobe for PE so there is another loss.

There may well be some benefit to Hivewire but I suspect that it will not be great as CP always seemed to be the unloved poor cousin. That being said it makes me even more grateful that Hivewire is here as without I would be left with two options, make my own content or give up on Poser.

Last edited:

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Poser Direct, Poser World & now Content Paradise? Oh, dear. Well, maybe some of the vendors will come here. Yes, I would like to see Karanta here, and there were several other very good vendors\at Content Paradise. (I did buy a few things, occasionally, mostly 2D textures & Photoshop textures/actions/brushes/etc.)

Hornet3d

Wise
The other problem with news like this is that some vendors always see changes like this as a good time to give up and not move anywhere and are thus a loss to the whole community.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
and I never liked the way they forced you to pay a fee to be able to download your items after a very short period of time, unlike any other 3D store I've ever shopped in.[/QUOTE]

Yup I only bought a couple things there and was really surprised that I the time to download had passed.

Miss B

CV-BEE
It also had a growing wardrobe for PE so there is another loss.
Well, I believe a lot of the vendors who had created content for PE and were selling it at CP, were also selling it at Renderosity, because they were already vendors at Renderosity, so that may be a slight loss because now they'll only have one location to sell in.

I don't know how popular CP was as far as how well their products sold, but I can't believe it'll be as big a loss as it would be if it were the other way around, and Renderosity was closing, and moving their products to CP. I can't see comparing them at all.

I'm sorry you don't like shopping at Renderosity, but its really the only other place CP could move their content to, because DAZ won't take them for sure, and I doubt they'll ever consider moving them here. As Ken mentioned, CP didn't have much in the way of QAV processing, so having to process all those products again, or at least those Chris and Lisa would be willing to sell here, would be a huge job for our QAV team. I just don't see that happening.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yah when I first saw everything was going to Renderosity I thought too bad they aren't coming here. Then my next thought was OMG poor Alisa and the team! Especially if they don't have quality control there.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I really don't think mine would be a good fit at either place, Rendo or here.
Most are V3,, M3, Miki, V4 and M4, DAZ MIl-Horse, Mil_Cat and Mil-Dragon.
None were exactly making me rich...lol.
As for the freebies I can move them to sharecg.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Let's not forget RuntimeDNA. I used to love that place. It had some unique line of products.
I have to agree, and like here, Colm and Sydd were always available, and often on the forums. You don't find that anywhere else, except here.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well, I believe a lot of the vendors who had created content for PE and were selling it at CP, were also selling it at Renderosity, because they were already vendors at Renderosity, so that may be a slight loss because now they'll only have one location to sell in.

I don't know how popular CP was as far as how well their products sold, but I can't believe it'll be as big a loss as it would be if it were the other way around, and Renderosity was closing, and moving their products to CP. I can't see comparing them at all.

I'm sorry you don't like shopping at Renderosity, but its really the only other place CP could move their content to, because DAZ won't take them for sure, and I doubt they'll ever consider moving them here. As Ken mentioned, CP didn't have much in the way of QAV processing, so having to process all those products again, or at least those Chris and Lisa would be willing to sell here, would be a huge job for our QAV team. I just don't see that happening.

I wasn't really complaining about the move to Renderosity more the bemoaning the loss of another Poser marketplace which is somewhat indicative of a trend which is more potent in this case as it is SM doing the closing. I think I would describe my decision not to shop at Renderosity as something a great deal stronger than a dislike, I have multiple reasons but they are way in the past and I so I will not open old wounds. If Hivewire was to shut it's marketplace and move to Renderosity I would not follow so if I wouldn't do it under those circumstances I am certainly not going to be persuaded by the move of CP. Despite all that I accept it is totally my decision and even if well founded, which of course, I think it is, I am in no position to complain about the move. I do however think that the loss of places like RuntimeDNA, Poser Direct, Poser World and Content Paradise, in addition to the loss of vendors who have moved away from Poser or the likes of Glitterati who gave up totally commercially is nothing to be pleased about. For me it is a loss as because of my choices there is less Poser content but that is my choice, I am more concerned that the reduction in competition and choice is not good for 3D art in general irrespective of what software you choose you use, or where you decide to shop.

Hornet3d

Wise
Let's not forget RuntimeDNA. I used to love that place. It had some unique line of products.

Certainly for me the closing of RuntimeDNA was a major loss, I used to love shopping there and I was in the forums at a time when Bagginsbill was around on a frequent basis and I learnt so much from him and all the others that made up the RuntimeDNA community.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
We were given the heads up a couple days ago that this would be happening. At this point all Lisa and I can do is send out congratulations to SM, which we did. I think that CP was relatively dead on the vine and this was a wise move to get the content into the hands of a group willing to do something with it. I believe Rendo will still do some culling to make it viable for them. But we'll see what happens. I think this is a good move overall though, because now at least some eyeballs will be on the content, and attention can be given to where it's needed, and perhaps some sales, and freshening up. Rendo has more resources to put to the Poser content than SM. This way the graphics team at SM can focus on getting another version of Poser to market. Wouldn't that be nice.

Interesting note here though. When Dan Farr and I had started up DAZ, we had no intention of creating a software program. It wasn't until we were approach by the powers that be that were running Poser at the time, came to us and said that they were starting up Content Paradise, and it would be wise for us to get on board with our Michael and Victoria. We felt threatened, and that our livelihood of running a content business was in jeopardy. This put us on edge, and from there we decided that the only way to have more control, and call our own shots was to create our own software. Then we could run content sales how we wanted. And so it was, because of the threat of the new Content Paradise our DAZ Studio was born, and the rest is history. I mentioned this to Lisa, Alisa, and Paul yesterday that it's strange to now see with the history brought on by CP, that they will now be gone, absorbed into Rendo.

Goes to show you that the only thing that is constant in life and in this market is change. I for one just want to be on the side of making the change, rather than the one scrambling because of change. Hard to do though, as so much in this life is how we react to forces beyond our control.

Miss B

CV-BEE
This way the graphics team at SM can focus on getting another version of Poser to market. Wouldn't that be nice.
There's a long on-going thread on the SM Poser Forum about when, or if, there's ever going to be a Poser12. We've all got our fingers crossed it's sooner, rather than later, but with the change in the long-standing dev team, it's taking them longer than usual between versions. I'm hoping it happens before the end of the year.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
We were given the heads up a couple days ago that this would be happening. At this point all Lisa and I can do is send out congratulations to SM, which we did. I think that CP was relatively dead on the vine and this was a wise move to get the content into the hands of a group willing to do something with it. I believe Rendo will still do some culling to make it viable for them. But we'll see what happens. I think this is a good move overall though, because now at least some eyeballs will be on the content, and attention can be given to where it's needed, and perhaps some sales, and freshening up. Rendo has more resources to put to the Poser content than SM. This way the graphics team at SM can focus on getting another version of Poser to market. Wouldn't that be nice.

Interesting note here though. When Dan Farr and I had started up DAZ, we had no intention of creating a software program. It wasn't until we were approach by the powers that be that were running Poser at the time, came to us and said that they were starting up Content Paradise, and it would be wise for us to get on board with our Michael and Victoria. We felt threatened, and that our livelihood of running a content business was in jeopardy. This put us on edge, and from there we decided that the only way to have more control, and call our own shots was to create our own software. Then we could run content sales how we wanted. And so it was, because of the threat of the new Content Paradise our DAZ Studio was born, and the rest is history. I mentioned this to Lisa, Alisa, and Paul yesterday that it's strange to now see with the history brought on by CP, that they will now be gone, absorbed into Rendo.

Goes to show you that the only thing that is constant in life and in this market is change. I for one just want to be on the side of making the change, rather than the one scrambling because of change. Hard to do though, as so much in this life is how we react to forces beyond our control.

I know a lot of people were so dissatisfied with Poser 5 they were so looking forward to another similar program. Did you ever imagine what you started would quickly rival Poser?