• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Content Package Assist from Dr. Jellybean

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
WOW... someone finally created a packager for the DAZ Studio side that will create Smart Content that can be set up using other stores! Yup!

See here: Content Package Assist | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

Details
Have you ever wanted to create Install Manager packages for your content from other stores?

Have you ever wanted to combine several content zips into one Install Manager package?

Have you ever wanted to edit a content zip and create an IM package from that?

Now you can do that with Content Package Assist, and more.

You can create a single package, multiple packages, combine packages.

It includes a comprehensive PDF to help you get the best out of this application. It is strongly recommended that you read it before using the program.

What's Included and Features
  • Content Package Assist
    • Create IM Zips for Install Manager
      • Create a single IM zip installer from any store's zip files
      • Combine multiple part zip files into a single installer
      • Create separate Ds or Ps installers
      • Installers conform to packaging standards for use in DIM and will not conflict with Daz 3D Store installers

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I saw that yesterday, but since I don't install with DIM, it's of no use to me, but I can see it being very useful for those who do use DIM for installing products.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Miss B, you can do a manual download hon. You just go to My Account> Product Library and then type in the exact name of the product and you should get an option to download it manually.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, I think you misunderstood me Richard. I download with DIM, I just don't install with DIM. I prefer to manually install all my products so I know exactly where they are. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Me too, I prefer to install manually since there doesn't seem to be a standard to where to place files, so it can quickly become a mess unless I install things manually. For once, I always delete company names from my library because I prefer to organize contents by figure instead of maker names.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Meeeee Tooooo! The only places I keep them are the Geometries and Textures folders, because we don't access those folders directly from the Poser Library.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
And that's why it is still basically impossible to find the textures and geometry from contents unless we peek into the CR2 or DUF files. It would be nice if those were at least organized by figure too. At least in my products I do it like that.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Nah, not me. I have a folder assigned where the Zips get stored and I let DIM install for me. I just don't move them around like I used to so the Smart Content pane is mostly useful... mostly! lol

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ahhhh, I got so used to the Content tab, that I never used the Smart Content when I upgraded to 4.0 Pro, so moving stuff where I want it was just the way I was used to doing it for so long, before they introduced the Smart Content option.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I think I have a little touch (well I have allot of touches of this and that :p ) of being a completest! LOL I like what I have, program, project, life.... to be fully working as expected. I never thought I'd use the Smart Content tab but a few times when I didn't feel like scrolling around I found that by selecting the, lets say, hair prop and then going to the Smart Content tab all the material options that were tagged to it showed up. I have to say, that comes in handy from time to time! lol

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I always tried to organize my content and gave up after a few hours. When DS got the ability to search, that was a godsend, I just search for what I want, and usually stuff pops up that I didn't even remember I had. I think Smart Content is a great idea, it just hasn't been fully implemented, and probably can't be for 3rd party content. It would be a perfect solution for a perfect world, which we don't have, if that makes any sense...

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Well now that there is "Content Package Assist" Smart Content can be for third party! It does install as a stand alone program too which is nice!

ScreenHunter_183 Apr. 17 08.40.jpg