• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Conforming Clothing

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Does any one know of a really good clear step by step with images tutorial on making conforming clothing? Not videos!!
I have had a hunt around on line and found a few but was just wondering if maybe there was a better one out there some where?
Thanks

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Bookmarking this thread. All the tutorials I've found are lacking.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I found two so far.
Conforming Clothing for Poser
and this one...
Also making Conforming Clothing
and one by @Nerd3D Click here for Chucks Tutorial. Chuck is pretty good about everything he does.

I noticed these are ALL old tutorials based on Poser 4 but the rules haven't changed as far I know (AFAIK).

I found others but they assume facts not in knowledge like using abbreviations and not say what those abbreviations stand for. I also found one at DAZ but it's pay to play. I'm assuming you wish a free one. Each tutorial also assume you have the fully designed OBJ. I hope these aren't among the lessons deemed lacking.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Oh and creating for Dawn and Luna and probably Dusk require the clothes follow the arm and leg lines closely as I learned from Glitterati recently.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I am having the devils own time with trying to get the grouping to work, there are a handfull of pollys that no matter what I try Poser's grouping tool just wont select them grr. Can't get much further on if I cant group the damn thing.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I've found the grouping tool works best when I'm in the Setup area. You don't have Poser Pro?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
No it groups them to the bones in the fitting room. I just find using the grouping tool works best for me in the set up room.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The fitting room also creates all the bones you will need from the figure. It rocks!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
IIRC...I think Traci may have done one. I vaguely remember her pointing me that way when I was trying but I could be confused. Maybe PM her and ask?

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Eureka! I got it! Decided to cheat a bit and see how Posers auto group did, well it did just fine for this :D
Here is Dawn jumping for joy at her new shoes lol
NewShoes.jpg

Now to make some proper textures and tidy up the files etc

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Never ending, now if I try and repoint the cr2 to the proper obj file rather than the one poser makes I have a vanishing shoe. Just the one mind you not both plus I have texture stretch and smoosh gah!
Back to silo to see if I can fix the texture issue but not sure what to do about the vanishing shoe :confused: