• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Clarification needed regarding gallery posts, please

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I was reading the TOS and noticed something about gallery submissions. It said renders should be of an artistic nature and not "product shots". Does that prohibition include HiveWire products, or just other stores' products?

The reason I ask is that I just uploaded a ton of pictures to two albums for my products and WIPS, and they are basically all product/promo shots. Figured it might be easier to just have them all uploaded and then I could link to pictures from my threads if needed. But as they were being added, I thought to myself that it did seem to clutter up the gallery with "non-artistic" pictures.

So should I delete all those, or is it ok?

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I was just writing a post to clarify this.

With this new forum software we have some options that we didn't have when we outlined our gallery submission guidelines. We now have several types of media galleries.

More in a bit. :)

Last edited:

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
Please let me know if this answers some of your questions Media and Galleries | HiveWire 3D Community

I still have to address your initial question

I was reading the TOS and noticed something about gallery submissions. It said renders should be of an artistic nature and not "product shots". Does that prohibition include HiveWire products, or just other stores' products?

and make the appropriate edits where needed.

Thank you!

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
The part of the TOS you questioned pertains to this:

You already have an image gallery for your product shots on the product page in the store so you don't want to duplicate that here.

If you want to share one of your product shots in a forum thread, go to the product page, open the image, right click and copy image location - the use the insert image by URL function when posting the image in a thread.

Your albums should be for artistic renders of your product and not product promos.