• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Chinese face

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
Hello all I am Aylaaenas,

I made a Chinese face morph for Dawn. What do you guys do when you finish a morph? Modelling hair or skins? Tell me, I am still kind of new to this.

Tools I use are Blender and The Gimp.
Dawnchinese.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Depends on what program you want to bring the morph into. If it's DAZ Studio I may be able to help. Poser, not so much.

Also did you remember to export Dawn's mesh at base rather than in high resolution and when you were done with the morph bring it back down to the base level? If not you will have a nice sculpt but you won't be able to load it up as a morph target for Dawn.

Very nice face by the way. Natural!

DigiDotz

Adventurous
The textures are all in the surfaces tab. The main diffuse textures eg Face are linked there.

The Dawn textures can be used as a base for your own characters if selling on Hivewire3d I think, so you could take those into an app like gimp and change them. (better double check that)
-Or create a new one altogether

You then put your textures in the runtime>textures>your name folder, replace the current textures with yours, adjust settings and then save as a materials preset, also if the character is finished, you could save as a character preset.
....hope it makes sense!
There are a lot of texture artists around here that can probably help if you get stuck I'm sure

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I'm glad to hear that you got the morph into DAZ Studio with no issue. Texturing... that's a whole different ball of wax.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Welcome to the Hive Aylaaenas! Once you have the morph in DS on Dawn then you need to save the morph.

First in the parameter tab click on the little cog. Ensure that the limits are set to what you want. Most likely this will be 0 for Minimum and 100 for maximum. If you want to edit where this morph shows up in the parameters this is you opportunity to do.
I personally like to use the system set up by Hivewire as I find it makes it easier to find things. So I put the face morphs in Actor/01_Head/01_Face/01_Morphs (I'm doing this from memory as I don't currently have DS open.)
Then go to File/Save As/Support Asset/Morph Asset.

This should load up a dialogue box. At the top is the opportunity to put your name and the name of your product. Giving the morphs a product name will create a folder by that name in the data file making it easier to find specific morphs. (This might not matter to yet but if you make lots of morphs it will help you to locate the files when packaging it up.)

Underneath this there is a heirarchy tree, open it up and find your morph and tick the box. Then hit Okay and your morph should save and when you load a new Dawn the morph should now show up in the parameter tab.

I'm still getting used to texturing myself and a good place to start is using Dawns base texture if you are planning on selling the texture. If not there is a freebie merchant resource from Fairy Light iirc on Share CG.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The textures are all in the surfaces tab. The main diffuse textures eg Face are linked there.

The Dawn textures can be used as a base for your own characters if selling on Hivewire3d I think, so you could take those into an app like gimp and change them. (better double check that)
-Or create a new one altogether
I think its only the Dawn SE version that is a merchant resource? I think I saw Chris say that the new Sora when she comes out will be as well (not sure on that one tho).

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I think the original Dawn texture was also a merchant resource but the SE one is a much better texture to start with in my opinion but they are only a viable option if you plan to sell your work. If you plan to create a freebie then you need to use a resource that allows that or create one from scratch.