• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Character creation question

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
I'm using Poser 11's morph tool to create a full body morph and a head morph for a character I'm working on. I'm using Poser's tools because I was having no luck using 3dCoat. I would like to scale certain body parts (arms and legs) for the character. I can't seem to find a way to do this. I've scaled the character, but the resulting morph does not include the scaling information.

Is there a way to do all this in Poser? Create the morph, scale the character, save the character and have it load with the morph and scaling.

Boni

Inspired
Yes. In the tab area where parameters/properties are is an arrow, the drop down shows "show hidden Parameters", there you will see all the scaling tools. Also and it would be best to read up on it in the manual, there is a smooth transition feature that is fantastic for scaling figures.

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Thanks. Just what I needed to know.

New question. I've got the character morphed and scaled. It saves and loads just fine. My new problem is she doesn't always stay on the floor when I apply poses. I thought I'd do the same with her y position as I did with the scaling (Edit Dependencies) since the scaling put her through the floor, but it didn't work %100. The standing poses work fine, but the poses on the floor (lying, kneeling) raise her into the air a bit.

ockham

Wouldn't worry too much about that. Most people are accustomed to hitting Ctrl-D to drop a figure to the floor. Also, the figure will usually be on a surface that isn't at zero Y. The second floor of a house or a couch or bed. Raising and lowering are normal parts of setting up every scene.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Wouldn't worry too much about that. Most people are accustomed to hitting Ctrl-D to drop a figure to the floor. Also, the figure will usually be on a surface that isn't at zero Y. The second floor of a house or a couch or bed. Raising and lowering are normal parts of setting up every scene.

If you are thinking of selling the character it will need to behave the same as other figures so the floating in air above the ground isn't really acceptable.

David

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
The problem is I don't know why the figure is floating when lying down but not when standing. All standing poses work, but the reclining poses have her floating.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
This was an issue that I had with Diva due to scaling lying down poses place them into a different spot. Drove me crazy.
This is something that also happens with Willow iirc I spoke with Paul about it and it's not something that can be fixed. I believe it may have something to do with the location of the centre of the model but don't hold me to that.

Here's Willow in a reclining pose. I used the photographic white room so you could see where the floor is.
Willow sitting pose.jpg