• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Celebrating the Holiday Spirit (Render Challenge)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Winners are now announced...
We received some very creative entries for our "Holiday Spirit" contest. Thanks to all who participated!

The judges have come to their decision, and it's now time to announce the winners of the Holiday Spirit Challenge...

And the winners are:

1st place: "Christmas card" Doodle Designs
2nd place: Christmas Past by Luannemarie
3rd place: Happy New Year by Margy
Honorable mention: "Merry Christmas 2016" by Rae134

Join our "Celebrating the Holiday Spirit" Render Challenge!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

To celebrate the Holiday season, we would like you to create a render to share how you view the holiday season...doesn't matter if it's Christmas, Chanuka, Kwanzaa, New Years Day or any other holiday you might celebrate at this time. Looking forward to all the different perspectives from those who live in an area where it's winter or those like myself who celebrate during the hot season...whatever you celebrate feel free to join in this challenge.

Renders must include the following:
  • At least one HiveWire family member, such as Dawn, Dusk, Luna, or any other HiveWire figure you wish to use.
  • Please see the Christmas Sale for inspiration for your render ideas.
Submitted Images must meet forum guidelines
  • 1600 x 1600 pixel maximum image dimensions
  • 1MB max file size for images
  • 10MB max file size for video
A maximum of 3 entries can be entered.
You must abide by the HiveWire 3D Terms Of Service.

This thread is for chatting about the challenge, and for posting your WIP renders. You can post your images here, before you finalize your render to show us how you are doing, or to ask for guidance if you get stumped on how to accomplish something.

When you have decided your image is final post here with the words FINAL RENDER, and the Title of your render, at the beginning of the post. We will collect all final renders, assign them a number with your Title, and transfer them to the actual Contest Thread for blind judging.

No artist information will be shown in the actual contest thread, so please refrain from adding any copyright information that you may usually add to your renders.

Categories and Prizes
1st Place
2nd place
3rd place
Honorable Mention
This render challenge will close at midnight, Friday, January 6th, 2017 (MST).

Please post your final renders here in this thread.
Be sure to start your post with FINAL RENDER, as well as the Title of your render.

Judges: Miss B and Seliah

Last edited:

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
This looks like fun, peeps! Put on your thinking caps, dust off your muses, and have some fun creating some Holiday Spirit (mine's a nice long mango vodka and tonic water...pardon?, not that sort of spirit, you say?!) Looking forward to seeing your creations :)

Lorraine

The holidays are coming, tra la la! Jingles are belling, bbq's are being scrubbed off and set up under the shade of a pohutukawa tree down under, snow is falling somewhere colder than here. Trees are set up wrapped in tinsel and covered in baubles, and around the trees presents wait. As we do for your holiday contest renders, wip's ideas, and input. Time to get a round tuit!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
:bounce: Two and a half more working days and I will be finished for the year! I'm really looking forward to seeing all the renders for this contest!

Lorraine

Nice, Pen! My teacher neighbour finished work yesterday and she like you is looking to a well deserved rest :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I can't wait...I'm still full of this wretched cold but I've been at work since Tuesday. I'm so looking forward to the holidays...

Lorraine

Can I be the grinch and say I'm looking forward to everyone vacating their moorings and disappearing out into the Bay and leaving me here all alone in solitary splendour.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
:tantrum: I want to join in but my computer is not even doing 3DL renders anymore (hasn't done Iray or Superfly for awhile). I don't know about Firefly but I'm pretty helpless when it comes to poser. :(

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Final Render but.... when I edited in Comic Life it made it hard to see Ken's bird formations up the top left...

but I'll post anyways to get the party started :balloon02:

Ettamogah Christmas in Carrara

1-Ettamoggah Pub-WishYouWereHere.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
haha Stezza, that sure brings back memories! I grew up 10 minutes away from the original Ettamogah Pub :D

Oh! and I only live 10mins away from Cararra on the Gold Coast now :p (hehehe I know its not the Cararra you mean in your render tho :))

Stezza

Dances with Bees
thanks all.... fancy that.. my brother in law told me once that his brother owned the original pub once upon a time... dunno if he was fair dinkum though :cool:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I know the Albury one is the original and it was built by Lindsay Cooper in 1987 (there were 4 around Australia I think before some financial/trademark trouble hit) and it was built next to the then Coopers Winery. I think I heard that there was plans to franchise.

I grew up on the Comics so when it was built I had to visit, very disorientating going up those stairs that are not straight, lucky I was young and couldn't drink then :p (The word "ettamogah" is Aboriginal for "place of good drink")