• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Can I have zBrush installed on 2 machines?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I think you can but you would need to check with Pixologic...they may have something on the page where they sell it.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
From their license page, "Single User copies have a "Home Use" rule which allows them to be installed and activated on two computers (such as a desktop and laptop or a work computer and home machine), provided that both copies aren't actually run at the same time."

Pixologic :: Store

Dylan

Eager
Yes two installations is the limit. If you sell or otherwise dispose of one of your computers with ZBrush installed, you must remember to deactivate ZBrush on that machine so as to free up an activation for your replacement machine.

Dylan

Eager
Thanks very much friends, I'm glad to be back. Alas it's into the shower now and off to the pub and club after that. See you all tomorrow.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
We've missed having you around Dylan. I hope everything is going well? Are you still working for that place where you got your tablet?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Well done! They sounded like a good mob...are you still planning on doing some characters for HiveWire?

Dylan

Eager
Well done! They sounded like a good mob...are you still planning on doing some characters for HiveWire?

Yes Pen. I have to admit that I stopped working on my Hivewire projects when the forum was down a couple of weeks. I genuinely thought the whole Hivewire thing was gone out of business. Now I can resume working on my projects. :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
tsk, tsk Dylan!

You know though, I don't remember now how I first heard about it. But, I did check Facebook frequently for information.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Glad to know that they've been resumed Dylan...

@Satira, I don't do facebook but I did have a look once Ram told me about what happened.

Years ago I did have an account and closing that account and getting my information off their database was horrendous. It was more than a simple click of a button. They hold onto your details unless you email them and even then they at least keep your name and email. I know this because I've recently had emails from them...

Dylan

Eager
tsk, tsk Dylan!

You know though, I don't remember now how I first heard about it. But, I did check Facebook frequently for information.

That's the thing Satira, I'm on FB all the time. But I just didn't consider checking out the Hivewire page there for some reason. Probably as I was so busy at work with other things.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That would do it Dylan!

Up to then, I start my day reading the HiveWire forums, and end it by reading them again. So ... I was really at loose ends.

Now, I can't keep up with the forums and I'm going absolutely bonkers. It's proving to be impossible to get back down to one page! I need to find a time when no one is posting so I can actually see progress clearing out topics. But noooo .. New Posts just keeps on listing all the topics because as soon as I read all the posts in the topic, someone posts more.

I skipped reading the boards this morning because I was trying to get a UV finished.