• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Bunches and sheaves

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Greetings.
I am desperate to find bunches of long grass, wheat stalks or other grain or hay/straw. I have not been able to find any anywhere. Need them to continue work on my Native American/paleolithic images ideas. Women and men working in fields cutting. gathering and carrying away these bundles as if harvesting time.
I have asked over at Renderosity more specifically artists who have created similar items for the store or freebies or even at times exclusively for me but no interests so far. If anyone knows of any such items please let me know. Free of course but if well made and especially if included in a package of burden baskets for carrying these items or sticks or sod around would make me happy to pay!
Thanks.

Also RDNA Grasslands. Many of these have been around for a long time.
I have modified some of these so the geometries can be used in other software.
There are grass bunches which could be scaled in x,z to make them look more bundled.
Or of course magnets could be used to create a tapered effect so that it would like they are gathered.
They must still be around. Probably right where the Fields are.

Burden baskets.
Hmm...
Could you post a picture that shows what they should look like?
That might be something fun to make.
And what format for geometries. I could do OBJ's with basic materials if you don't use Poser. Or .pp2 with embedded.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Also RDNA Grasslands. Many of these have been around for a long time.
Yes, I have about a dozen different products I bought at RDNA over the years, but most of them are "foliage" with flowers in among the grass.

That said, there are 2 more like what I believe Carmen's looking for. The first is RDNA Grasslands Volume 8 and the second is RDNA Grasslands Volume 10 though I think the Volume 8 pack would fit her purposes better.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhh, now how did I forget Flinks? Thanks for the remind JOdel. He does, indeed, have a nice collection of goodies.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
xFrog has Oats in free samples and paid Barley, Rice, Wheat, Corn, Ryegrass and probably some other plants too. Quite costly to buy by species and far more affordable in bundles with current prices. Plus you need to convert objs to props. But very, very good quality. Cereals and grasses are not so heavy in polycounts as trees and bushes.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
thanks for the feedback. I forgot about the dead corn series. Those stacks look ok.
These images are what burden baskets are supposed to look like. They are panniers carried by humans instead of donkeys similar to the way the Native Americans carried children in their papooses. And were used to carry stones fire kindling, harvested grains, and other possessions on long marches. I have been surprised they didn't include anything the likes in any of the native American/African props and clothes offering that have been out there over the years. But we shurely could use some of this stuff along with some of the rudimentary tools used for doing the field work during the harvests.

20ce00e86253a1a72bb19089ddf95016.jpg

burden basket-ce1aaa14645f.jpg

primitive panier.jpg

unnamed.jpg

BTW I have already tried bunches of grass tufts but it looks fake or weird and unable to have been able to wrap my calcified brain matter around using morph brush and morph tools since Poser4, that option is out for me too. :(

20ce00e86253a1a72bb19089ddf95016.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've only started using the Morph Brush more the past couple of months. I learned how to use it last year, but that was when I was testing something, and the dynamic sim with the character in a walking pose, made it necessary to fix the way it was draping over the back leg/foot.

Now I've been playing with it while working on my own meshes, and I'm definitely getting better at it.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Enviable process but with my life long learning problem getting worse as my brain ages that has been a bane for my more advanced use of Poser tools. I have pretty much resigned myself to doing without or compromising my needs with whatever comes close that is available or at worse, a lot or just begging others for stuff.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I can understand Carmen. You do what you can, even if there are limitations.

Good grief! they carried them with their heads..
Makes my neck ache just looking at them.
The ones that are wider at the top look best, cause the contents can be seen, plus it seems sheaves would fit in better.
Think I'll try to make one. Something different from my other work.

Here's my attempt at the Burden Basket.
SM_BurdenBasket
Burden Basket 01.jpg
Made it as a character so that it's adjustable.
Well, just the headstrap is adjustable.
It should probably be parented to the target character's chest.
It's not conforming so it can work with various figures.

The textures aren't very good though.
Maybe @Rae134 would make some better textures for it.
A template is included in the zip file.
Probably could get a few different baskets that way.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
SM_BurdenBasket
View attachment 35518

I think the texture looks fine but I sure would love a play to get more colours etc, just a bit tied up this weekend.
Not sure if it would matter or not (especially if filled with stuff), but is the handle on the far side poking through?

The handle was poking through, and I fixed it.
Just got confused which was the newest promo render.
The wooden balls that hold the leather strips poke through on the inside though.
Just a bit, but I like the way they look on the outside.
I might make another version if Carmen likes it.
Be good to have a test done on how it works with her native American figure.
Might need to make other adjustments.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
SM_BurdenBasket
View attachment 35518

I NEVER SAW THIS!. The darn bot here rarely notifies me of responses to my posts. I just saw it and excitedly tried to get it but the link is dead. Any way the DL link can be reestablished?

Jan

Adventurous
I don't know if you are still looking for these things, but there is a nice bunch of sticks, some on their own or tied up in bunches at Renderosity by ShaaraMuse3D and is actually on sale at the moment.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yes, And a vendor named Forester, or something like that, had a couple of very nice Autumn props packs. His stuff is .obj only, but there was a classic harvest grain sheave, and one of the nicer hay bales I've seen in a 3D marketplace.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I don't know if you are still looking for these things, but there is a nice bunch of sticks, some on their own or tied up in bunches at Renderosity by ShaaraMuse3D and is actually on sale at the moment.
I have several of Shaara's great sets and props but despite having gone through their store so many times I never saw the sticks. I fact not too long ago we communicated briefly about said sticks and sheaves of grain and they told me they were a good idea along with the burden basket(s) and would attempt creating the items when they returned from abroad. Gonna get the sticks today. Thanks.