• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Bryce 7 Veteran Here

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Boy, talk about enthusiastic!! :) I also started with Bryce 4, though I mainly used it for outdoor, landscape renders. I wasn't into people renders back then at all. I should try setting up a scene in DS and then port it over to Bryce just to see how well I can do it. Well, if I can find the time. ;)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Sacre bleu, Laurie, you surely do know how to set a thread on FIRE! Hot damn alright! And doing a happy Rodrigo dance :)

Britt

Admirable
I couldn't draw a stick-man!

I started with Bryce 1! (Seems like centuries ago)

It opened up 3D Art for me like no other program could!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Welcome to the Hive Paul...I have Bryce but never seem to have the time to learn how to use it. Always meant to I just need another 24 hours in every day first.

Lianam

Eager
New Brycer here. I have been to the Daz Bryce forums. I am trying to learn. I got the latest version. Thanks for offering your expertise. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
New Brycer here. I have been to the Daz Bryce forums. I am trying to learn. I got the latest version. Thanks for offering your expertise. :)
That's about the only DAZ forum I visit any more. David Brinnen and Horo are Bryce geniuses.

Mivan

Admirable
Bryce 3 opened up the universe and I believe pretty much started the 3D art industry. Still have my original CD and for Poser 3 as well. Horo is now posting images on 'Osity and as soon as my next social insecurity check comes in I will probably start purchasing some of his stuff at Daz. He has a hi def terrain editor that is reasonably priced and stand alone. The stormy skies package is also interesting.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I have a lot of his and David Brinnen's Bryce packs now. I really like the work they do in, and for, Bryce. ;)

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Bryce is a program I've always been fond of and used it frequently in conjunction with Poser. Sadly, development stopped at Windows7 which means it's no longer a part of my workflow. Sadly missed! :cry:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I wish they'd develop it more as well. Bryce is how I got into 3D, and I was using it for over 4 years before I started playing with Poser 5.

Since Carrara and I don't get along, Bryce is my goto for outdoor scenic renders, especially with some of the wonderful products I've gotten over the years.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I only just remembered that I picked up Bryce 7 pro ages back but never even installed it, now I am wondering if it might be worth trying it out. How well dose it play with poser?

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I got Bryce for free off a mag cd back then, long time ago when grass was green........

then bought Version 7 when Daz updated it for $7 that was a long time ago as well....

I haven't really used it but probably used it more times than Daz Studio!

Miss B

CV-BEE
I started with Bryce 4 back around 2000/2001, long before DAZ ever got their hands on it, and in fact, upgraded to Bryce 5 before DAZ bought it.

Their first update, IIRC, was Bryce 5.5, and then Bryce 6, and eventually Bryce 7. It makes me sick when I think it will never be updated again. I learned to do a lot of different things in Bryce, besides landscapes, that I never thought were even possible, thanks to Horo and David Brinnen.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I had the choice of going either Bryce, Poser, DS or Carrara

at first I went with Poser V5 free on a mag CD.. updated to 6 then 7 and finally swapped over when Carrara 6 released and have stayed with that since trying V5 free on a mag cd as well...

it all gets confusing trying to work out what years happened when..... eeeeek!

it all adds up to me getting older!

Stezza

Dances with Bees
It's interesting to know that Bryce Users can hold a conversation on a topic better that any other software on Daz Forums

24 Bryce comments per topic
20 Carrara comments per topic
9 Hexagon comments per topic
8 daz studio comments per topic
7 Poser comments per topic

these stats where posted on Daz forums the other day by a member but were pulled... don't know why it's all there to work out.

Bryce rulz.. :bounce: