• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Body Type-12 for Dawn

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Talking about CatsEyes, it was her dialed at 50% (just the head) on the animation I've posted a couple of entries above. Just a pity we can't use animations on the store promos.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Are you sure? I think the last promo in the group could be an animation. Oh wait, unless I'm mistaken, something in the store has a link where the product description is (below the main promo), that was an animation of a product. Check that with Alisa, because then you can do it there.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have tried with one of my products, and Lisa said they couldn't get the store to play animated GIFs. You could post it, but it would just stick at the first frame.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, OK. I didn't know that, though now that I think about it, there was a problem in the old forums, as someone had an animated avatar, and the forum wouldn't display it animated. This forum software does however.

Oh well, at least it was a thought. Now I wonder where I saw that option.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yeah, it's a bummer. Some products, like my "Narrow Shoulders" had an animation that clearly shows what it does, but it wouldn't work in the store. It works in the forums, though.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, so it's good that CAs have their product/wip threads to post them in.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have been having a blast testing Type-12 in my renders. I've added a few more pose corrections, and the good side is that they are all minor, which is how JCMs should be. Morph shape corrections are also done, so today I had it submitted for internal beta-testing. With the Hoodie out in the store, Type-12 is my last pending project, and also the last "body type" series entry for DawnSE.

Type-12 is such an overhaul over the default DawnSE that there is a lot that can go wrong - fingers crossed! Below is yet another proof that I suck rendering in DS, but it has to be done because Type-12 lives there, too. I think this is the first time I have resized the hands, feet and head, so basically nothing was left untouched.

Promo03_600x800.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Started the 2nd round of internal beta-testing today. Looking good so far, so I am optimistic. Had to add one more JCM between chest1 and chest2 because DawnSE has too many torso groups, and not enough geometry to bend properly just under the breast line. Fortunately, this has been fixed on Dawn2's grouping, so she won't have this issue. Updated the Poser and DS versions, and now back to more beta-testing. Still have to create the store materials, promos and ads.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Beta-testing is now complete, along with the promos, ads, and store materials. I had Type-12 submitted to the HW store today. and now it's awaiting submission approval, which is then followed by QAV with Alisa's team.

As usual, I typically suck rendering in DS because I am out of my element, and my library is rather small there. After redoing it a few times, I finally came up with a DS I-ray promo render I can live with. LOL

Promo05_600x800.jpg

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It looks pretty good to me. :)

Oops, had to redo the whole image due to a bug on Paintshop. I didn't notice the ghosting on the image before, and whenever this happens, the saved Paintshop file becomes corrupted and cannot be opened anymore. And since I had to redo it from scratch, I have changed the layout a bit.

Miss B

CV-BEE
So are you going to show it to us, or are you just going to tease us? :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh yes, I like that better. The other one had too much empty space on the left, but now she's centered well in the image.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Today I made a turntable animation using Type-12 and posted at DeviantArt. These animated GIFs are just too darn large to post here. I am amazed how GIFs are some of the oldest file formats available, and nobody ever came up with something better after these many decades. Having to reduce images down to 256 colors kind of butchers image quality, but that's what we have.

I have set Superfly to just 3 pixel samples to render faster, and then ran the image sequence through nVidia OptiX to clean up the noise. Maybe none of that matters after we reduce millions of colors down to mere 256?

This is great to test the rigging, because if something is wrong, you may not see it in stills, but it will surely jump out in animations. I love Type-12, and I hope you will like it too! ^____^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Woohoo! I am pleased to announce the release of Type-12 for Dawn. It has hit the store today, and this concludes my "Body Type" series with a cherry on top. It has been a zodiac of 12 body sculpts to expand the possibilities with Dawn, which can be combined with other morphs for a wide variety of body shapes and styles. Hope you will love Type-12 as much I am! ^___^/

ADS_Newsletter_1024.jpg

Last edited: