• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Blender keeps creating new Mat zones when importing into Poser

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
What I found was there were extra things in that area had their own zones. In this area. And most of them were extras.

Attachments

• none.png
    none.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 143

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, that's where they would be listed. I just didn't realize that's how they were named in the object you imported.

I just imported an OBJ of something I knew had mat zones, and even though I imported it as one single piece (instead of the many pieces it does by default), I saw the list of mat zones where I would expect them to be listed.

I'm just not used to importing someone else's work, unless it's a character's OBJ because I want to try modeling some clothing for the character, and then I don't bother looking at mat zones for the character, as I'm only using it as a "model", so to speak.

I haven't run into this issue, so will be playing with it to see if it happens to any of my projects.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
What often happens if you model something and the mat zones look right in the material area but when you import to Poser there are extra ones - usually having NONE in the name. That area in the upper right is where they are hidden and looks like they are caused from having multiple obj or something in there.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ahhh, OK. I always set up the mat zones in Blender, but don't apply them until I'm in Poser, so that's probably why I haven't seen this happen. I always apply my textures to the UV map, and that I set up in Poser, not Blender.

If I was planning to render an image in Blender, then that's different, but I rarely do that, unless it's something new specifically for Blender, such as doing a tutorial for an object I've not done before, especially when it requires setting up shaders for Cycles (SuperFly in Poser). Then I have to render in Bender to test it out.

Otherwise it's create my seams, name the mat zones, and create the UV map in Blender, and then apply the textures to the UV map in Photoshop for use in Poser.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
What I would really like to figure out is why after exporting to Zbrush then reimporting into Blender all the obj have images attached to them in Poser. They don't show up in a text editor and I can't find them anywhere. I even deleted them in Poser exported the obj, reimported to Blender, reimported to Poser and they were STILL there.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's not something I've ever encountered, so haven't a clue. Have you tried posting at the Blender forum at R'osity. The moderator there, Lobo, is pretty knowledgeable, as is several members on that forum who post regularly.