• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Blender 3.0 Has Been Released!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's official, but I don't have any links to an official YouTube video about the new release, but when I do, I will update this post.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I happen to like Blender Guru, and often look for his tutorials on YouTube.
Yes there's a lot of tutorials that have been accumulating on YouTube for quite some time. What I was looking for was a tutorial, like I found for 2.9, which just "show" you what's new about Blender 3.0, rather than specific tutorials about different functions of 3.0.

That said, though, some of those tutorials you linked to will come in handy for sure.

Miss B

CV-BEE
If I'm not mistaken, I think I looked at the 6 minute video, and I don't recall who created it, but he sounds like someone who did another Blender video some time ago, and I didn't like it because he spoke too fast, which for some folks can be a little daunting because they can't follow along.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Well, he did seem to talk fast. But it wasn't really a tutorial, rather an overview of the new features. But it was definitely an official Blender video, not a third party channel.

I don't use Blender, but I'm keeping tabs on it just in case. I have Silo and it recently was updated. Haven't done a lot with that, either, but since I've paid for it, I insist on using it. Announcements of new products made with it would be forthcoming. Partly wishful thinking, partly planning ahead. :rolleyes:

Dana

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
This program is just so badass these days, it's right up there in what can be done with it compared to super high end and very expensive programs like Cinema and others. I mean why would anyone want to pay THOUSANDS of dollars to RENT a program when they could learn and be just a productive in Blender? Plus it's fully cross platform (Windows, MAC and LINUX) ..... can't say that about all the high enders either. I still get overwhelmed but I'm more and more curious about what I can accomplish in there so one of these days I'll hunker down and get even more familiar with it. I mean have you see what can be done with the updated cloth engine? CRAZY cool!