• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do
Biblical Robe for Dusk and Axel

Biblical Robe for Dusk and Axel 2016-03-30

No permission to download

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So I downloaded the file...I've noticed that in the Props folder I have mc6 files and not a prop file? Is this how it's supposed to be? I did find the object file in the geometries file and I have a render cooking in DS I was surprised because the basic materials didn't apply with the mc6 file which I know I have gotten to apply basic mats before. Not sure what is happening there but I did apply the diffuse texture manually so I could test. I'll post a render when it's finished.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...that's what I thought. Anyway here's Dusk wearing the robe in DS. It looks really good...great job Gadget Girl!
Dusk biblical robe.jpg

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So I downloaded the file...I've noticed that in the Props folder I have mc6 files and not a prop file? Is this how it's supposed to be? I did find the object file in the geometries file and I have a render cooking in DS I was surprised because the basic materials didn't apply with the mc6 file which I know I have gotten to apply basic mats before. Not sure what is happening there but I did apply the diffuse texture manually so I could test. I'll post a render when it's finished.

Oops. Clearly I misspackeged that. I've fixed that and uploaded a new version. Same link should work. Thank for letting me know. Also nice to see that it can be used with the Daz dynamics.

skylab

Esteemed
GG, I'm in the process of creating Good Shepherd poses for Dusk using your robe. Should I use the link to this thread as your preferred download location, since folks on ShareCG always want to know where to find the items that I use in scenes. Just let me know if the first page of this thread is the link you'd want to use.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
GG, I'm in the process of creating Good Shepherd poses for Dusk using your robe. Should I use the link to this thread as your preferred download location, since folks on ShareCG always want to know where to find the items that I use in scenes. Just let me know if the first page of this thread is the link you'd want to use.

Yeah go ahead and link the thread. I used a drop box link because it was too large to upload otherwise, but it's nice to have the link to the thread incase people have feedback.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I wish this was compatible with Daz.

I'm glad you like it. Unfortunately it just didn't work well when I tried to make it conforming. I may get better at that later on. Sorry to hear about your husband and your financial troubles. I hope things work out for you soon.

Gadget Girl. These look great! Yes, yes, way to go. Strong value here I would think.

Thanks. :x3: Yes, I'm blushing a bit since your models are so good.

Yep...that's what I thought. Anyway here's Dusk wearing the robe in DS. It looks really good...great job Gadget Girl!

I'm curious. In Poser I set it to have what is called a constrained group in the belt so it wouldn't loose it's shape. Does that transfer over to Daz's dynamics?

And the other texture...I added a touch of smoothing as I wasn't totally happy with the way the drape looked with this texture.

Yes the other texture is purposely very rough and that can make some less than pretty folds. But I decided to leave it that way because it's easier to make something look smooth if you don't like the look, than to make it look rough. And of course different people will want different looks depending on what they are doing. When skylab tested it in a kneeling pose she changed the cloth settings so that it would stretch and continue to cover his full leg. I like it ridding up a bit though like this:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm curious. In Poser I set it to have what is called a constrained group in the belt so it wouldn't loose it's shape. Does that transfer over to Daz's dynamics?
I doubt it...DynCreator essentially converts the model via a script so that it can be used in the Optitex dynamic control...I do have the advanced version but I haven't played much with the settings. Material settings could impact on this though...
Yes the other texture is purposely very rough and that can make some less than pretty folds. But I decided to leave it that way because it's easier to make something look smooth if you don't like the look, than to make it look rough. And of course different people will want different looks depending on what they are doing. When skylab tested it in a kneeling pose she changed the cloth settings so that it would stretch and continue to cover his full leg. I like it ridding up a bit though like this:
That's cool...in DS I need to add a smoothing modifier anyway as it gives better collision with it than just using the collision in the dynamic control.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Must redownload this...I lost a lot of freebies when my old drive went Kaput! It would be interesting to try it with Dforce

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I doubt it...DynCreator essentially converts the model via a script so that it can be used in the Optitex dynamic control...I do have the advanced version but I haven't played much with the settings. Material settings could impact on this though...
That's cool...in DS I need to add a smoothing modifier anyway as it gives better collision with it than just using the collision in the dynamic control.
Just an update with dforce constraining is now possible through the use of weight maps.