• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Bad weather heading in by tomorrow in Missouri.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Glad to hear it! We're supposed to start getting warmer temps and rain again tomorrow, too, so ours should melt as well!

Terre

Renowned
FL: A suggestion. If you are in a position to replace the heater there are gas ones that are convection only. No electricity is needed for their operation, just a working gas line. The professional grade thermostat we just got installed is battery operated so no electrical line is needed for it.
What we have is a double sided one of these: Williams 35,000 BTU/hr Monterey Top-Vent Gravity Wall Furnace Natural Gas Heater with Wall or Cabinet-Mounted Thermostat-3509622A - The Home Depot
With a wall mounted thermostat. The one that came with it wasn't very good. We had a heating professional order us a new one and install it.

We got a convection heater just because of the problem with power outages and squirrel cage heaters. We nearly had a fire due to that combination.

Last edited:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
We have a gas furnace owned by the church group who rents us the house.
since we did get the roof repaired and the leak stopped we will try to stay for another year.
That way we can save up for moving expenses and hopefully find a better house.
We are all hoping nothing else major needs done here as they are out of money at the church.
From what I hear when the man who was president of their board died and new members were elected, all the money he managed to save up was wasted somehow.
They are in danger of having to close the church unless the get new members who pay tithes and donate big time.
And that is very unlikely as most of the older people down here are dying off and no younger ones moving in, except a few who think it a good town to start meth labs....lol.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
We did get the ice storm, my S-O-L lost two days of work over it but no loss of power here in our area.
But he needed rest anyway. :)
I forget what the total snow fall was but I lived through much more than that back in the fifties when I was a youngster. :laugh:

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Our big storm....lots of people had power loss, but not us. Fortunately. We had four days without water, though, and had to pack it from the nearby creek. Which was a little more adventure than I wanted.
Nice to hear that you had an easier time of it.

Terre

Renowned
Lots of people sent back to the 19th century for a bit in one way or another bu these storms.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Guess I didn't get back to this but we made it through okay, no loss of power, weather was not as severe as predicted.
Glad we moved from there though and now live right in Washington, MO.