• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Background Image Not Showing in Poser

dbwalton

Inspired
I'm having one heck of a time importing a background image.

I have an empty scene.
before importing bg.jpg
I do a File-Import-Background Picture...
and select my image.
selecting importing bg.jpg
It asks if I want the dimensions to match and I tell it yes.
telling it yes.jpg
And I get...
before importing bg.jpg

CTRL-B shows me nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Brent

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Steve is right. Ctrl+G toggles the ground plane on and off. If you need to see the horizon line after turning the ground plane off, go to Display>Guides>Horizon Line and it will show as a dotted line.
If you don't like the way the background image fits, you can always bring in a Plane Primitive from the Props Library. Resize and scale it on X and Y similar to the proportions of your intended background image, then in the Material room import your background image onto the plane.

dbwalton

Inspired
Hi Bonnie,

I checked out the Primitives and played around with loading my background on to the Plane Primitive. It looks like I need to read up on sizing the textures as well as what I need to do to create a .mcz file. What I want to end up doing is taking pictures of my wife's little houses she builds and then placing characters inside them. But, for now, I'll be happy if I can take a picture of a brick wall and create a wall in a scene.... baby steps.

Brent

Steve is right. Ctrl+G toggles the ground plane on and off. If you need to see the horizon line after turning the ground plane off, go to Display>Guides>Horizon Line and it will show as a dotted line.
If you don't like the way the background image fits, you can always bring in a Plane Primitive from the Props Library. Resize and scale it on X and Y similar to the proportions of your intended background image, then in the Material room import your background image onto the plane.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Glad you got that sorted Brent. As far as the textures, what you'll need are mc6 files. Materials with the mcz extension are compressed. If you go to Edit > General Preferences, and click on the Misc. tab, the first option is titled Save Files. Uncheck the option to Use file compression. Files which came with Poser that are compressed will work, but you don't want to compress any files you create with Poser.