• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Babies! (Now with more babies!)

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
20200402_185536[1].jpg

A little hope amid the gloom: meet Cinderella and Aurora, the first lambs of the year for my little flock, born this afternoon! Mum (Budgie) and her babies are doing well so far.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Unfortunately, as a city dweller, I don't get to see good things like that.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
babies1.jpg
Babies2.jpg
20200405_161617.jpg

No photos of the latest pair of twins yet, but I think they will probably be Loki and Thor, because I have a Disney theme going on with names and because they are going to look like photographic negatives of each other. See the two black-and-tan lambs in the third photo? One of the twins looks like that, the other- when he fades, the lamb coat always starts a bit darker for this- I think is going to be mostly near-white with black nose, eyes, chin and tummy. This middle one of the triplets, in the third photo, is the brown-and-tan lamb in the second photo.

I've had seven lambs from three ewes so far, three more due to lamb, and if the rams caught them on their first cycle that should be in the next three to five days. I'ma going to be busy.

Edit- yes, Cinderella does seem to have a funny ear. Probably got squished before she was born, it might straighten as she gets older. In the mean time I think it makes her look a bit like Dobby the house elf.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Aren't they absolutely precious!

Are these the guys with wool that sheds rather than needing to be sheared?

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Are these the guys with wool that sheds rather than needing to be sheared?

Yes and no... it's a characteristic that used to be present across the breed, and still exists in some individual animals. I'm trying to breed it back into my own flock, but have a way to go, so some roo (sheep equivalent of shedding), some partially roo and need the rest shearing, and some need fully shearing.