• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Aw c'mon now, WHAT!

McG.

Enthusiast
You charge people a fee for *NOT* using a value stack? You cannot see my archived content so cannot see that I already have a number of Kens bird packages. But that isn't what matters. What does is that you CHARGED me for not "stacking". Refund me that $.60 charge.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hi McG,

Please send me an email support@hivewire3d.com with the details of your order and what the issue is and I will look into it.

Thank you,

Lisa

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I am wondering something, McG. Do you own Ken's birds from DAZ? Is that what you mean by "archived content"?

As it happens, you can have those put in your HiveWire account - please follow the instructions here:
Songbird Remix Product updates for products purchased at DAZ 3D

Lisa would still need to help with any refund, but I thought this might help things along.

Also, to explain a bit, you don't "buy in a stack", you buy things that may be IN a stack, and the store remembers what you've bought so that you SAVE money if you already own some things (unlike a bundle where if you buy one item and then it's in a bundle, you have to pay for it again). So one isn't punished for "not buying in a stack" but rather, rewarded the more items in a particular stack they buy.

Hope that makes sense!

eclark1894

Visionary
I am wondering something, McG. Do you own Ken's birds from DAZ? Is that what you mean by "archived content"?

As it happens, you can have those put in your HiveWire account - please follow the instructions here:

Lisa would still need to help with any refund, but I thought this might help things along.

Also, to explain a bit, you don't "buy in a stack", you buy things that may be IN a stack, and the store remembers what you've bought so that you SAVE money if you already own some things (unlike a bundle where if you buy one item and then it's in a bundle, you have to pay for it again). So one isn't punished for "not buying in a stack" but rather, rewarded the more items in a particular stack they buy.

Hope that makes sense!
By any chance can you get that same deal with Lisa's Botanicals?

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Unfortunately, no, not at this time. The orders have to be manually created so the process is very time-intensive.

skylab

Esteemed
I was getting all set to gather the information...I have a ga-zillion of Lisa's products in my DAZ account. Oh well...thanks for the info about Ken's stuff...email is on the way :)

McG.

Enthusiast

Hope that makes sense!

@ Alisa
Yeah I did buy some of Ken's birds at DAZ, and that is what I meant by archived; bought elsewhere and "original downloaded files" burned to optical disks.
On Stacks. The only info I saw yesterday was the (-$.60). I bought some DAWN things a couple years ago (in stacks), and the store remembered. Lisa pointed this out off list. The store acted on it. Even though what I bought yesterday wasn't even in the store back then, the store remembered it and did things about it. If possible just turn those OFF for me. The programming isn't complex enough to cover the complexity of conditions that are run through it. Duh. What I saw was something that didn't make sense. Actually it still doesn't, but so what. I don't want a refund.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
There's no extra fee charged.
Think of stacks this way, if you just buy one item then its full price, if you buy another item from that stack, then you get a discount on that item, the more items you buy from that stack the bigger the discount you get.
(And you don't have to buy them all at once and you still get the discounts accumulated when you do).

Its a cool concept and better than bundles because when you buy a bundle you may end up with stuff you don't want/need or if you had already purchased something that is in the bundle you end up having to buy it twice (as you buy the bundle as a whole so the item you already have doesn't come out of it).

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
McG - Lisa & I looked at the order and I think I see why you are confused

The first line has Subtotal - a positive number
The second line has Discount - a positive number
Third line is Tax
Fourth line is Group discount which shows -.60 - a NEGATIVE number

So your confusion is lying in the fact that the "discount" is a positive number, but the Group discount is a negative one. And yeah, I've no clue why the store does it that way. However, BOTH of those are amounts SUBTRACTED from the Subtotal.

If you do the math, you will see that the Grand total at the bottom is the Subtotal, MINUS the Discount, MINUS the Group Discount.

The stack discounts are built into the store, we can't turn them off individually - you'll just have to get the discounts if you qualify ;).

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
In my experience, the store knows if a product is part of a Value Stack and applies the appropriate discount even if you don't add the product to your cart through the Value Stack product page.

McG.

Enthusiast
Hmm. I'd rather not even see "stacks" just like I don't want to see certain things at the other sites. Oh well. Yes, that -.60 was a HUH?! Wozzat?! That's really all it is.
I still haven't learned to shift gears while the clutch is depressed. Doh! Well now I know. Thanks to you Lisa and Alisa, I have been clarified!
McG.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
LOL, you're welcome :). We did a double take when we saw it, too.

Typically the Value stack will say it's one in the thumbnail image, so just ignore them and don't click on the "this product is also in a stack". As noted, you get charged the same whether you buy it from its product page or from a stack page.

McG.

Enthusiast
I can't remember what I ate yesterday, I'm gonna remember specifics about a purchase two years ago? Naaaah not gonna happen! LOL! But that is a thing that machines can do perfectly. If they are given the code needed to do that. Yanow, in a way I kinda saw this very thing coming....when I was 17 in High School. And I laughed insidiously at the thought! Then promptly forgot about it. THAT is something HUMANS can do. Perfectly. At times! ;o)

Riccardo

Adventurous
I was getting all set to gather the information...I have a ga-zillion of Lisa's products in my DAZ account. Oh well...thanks for the info about Ken's stuff...email is on the way :)
Ia also have some Lisa's Botanical products bought at Daz that I would like to have listed at HW3D, too. I hope It will be possible in the future.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think this was mentioned somewhere, and I'm not sure when, or if, it will be possible, considering the amount of products she had available in the DAZ store.

McG.

Enthusiast
I got a lot of stuff from Lisa DAZ store too. I am not *expecting* anyone to provide a path for their stuff from one store to another. RDNA was sorta exceptional that way. They gave lots of warning ahead of time and even after they merged over. Now the old store is gone, but some 90% of the stuff I got there is recognized and available in my DAZ account. The situation here is quite a lot different, and I entertained no such notions. I appreciate Ken's offer, really. But wonder if I even have anything that he has updated. I know that he has lots of cool stuff in the store here I want to get. Like his Owls for one!

I am intending to acquire all the birds that I recall seeing in the Houston area bayous. You'd be surprised at some of the wildlife we had there. Osprey, Kara Kara, Golden Eagles, Bald Eagles, Red Shoulder Hawks and so many others. Lots of different owls too, but don't recall seeing Great Snows, Great Grey (Canadian), or even Great Horned Owls. We had screech/barn owls all over the place, and a smallish white owl. All ours have short/no ears/horns. And all the long legged long necked wetlands birds. Some were just visitors. Pink Flamingo's, Flamingo's, Scarlet Spoonbills, Scarlet Ibis plus the white only ones. All kinds of herons! I want to collect all the 3D Ken G.'s versions of ALL the birds of my youth! I'm nowhere near "THERE" yet, but getting there! Yaknow, Houston only has one native Hummingbird. The Rubythroated Hummingbird. If we were blessed enough to see any others, we knew they were just visitors migrating through. Like the Rufous and Anna's, we'd see two or three a year briefly. But our Rubythroated Hummers built nests near to ground in the crotches of certain bushes. Often right by the house and porch. Funny thing, the cats never seemed to notice them. I was amazed at just how very tiny the baby hummers are. Wow! Yep, several nests, keep the feeders clean and full! :eek:)

McG.

Enthusiast
There was a "Federally Reserved Wildlife Sanctuary" for Long Legged Long Neck Water fowl. Did ya know that Cormorants and Anhinga are long necked water fowl too? I wanted to photograph that area SO bad! But people weren't so much allowed to go back in there. So I sat across the bayou and used long focal lengths and shot through the trees and brush. And managed to get a few nice shots.
Did you know that the Snowy Egret (a big bird!) lays one or two turquoise color eggs per clutch? yep! And usually pretty high up in the bald Cypress. Mostly in dead trees. Easier to fly in/out of the nest.