• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

ArtisanS Products at HiveWire

ArtisanS

Contributing Artist
Now a decade later tape ruled.....about a month pay could buy you this:

ComRender4.png

ArtisanS

Contributing Artist
Eh, small (and obvious) advise,......when connecting a powered USB hub to power, check the voltage of the barrel type power supply first (12 V is not good for my Sitecom hub)..:oopsie:......otherwise you can fry a mainboard (jeps, experience) to a crisp luckily not on my main machine.....but I now need a new testbed PC.

Result 1, lets go shopping for a new laptop for testing purposes.
Result 2, some delay in the production pipeline.....:rolleyes:

Sowwy,

Artisan

ArtisanS

Contributing Artist
Thanx for the empathy......I found a nice laptop for a few dollars......and I needed a new laptop (mine was a 12 years old HP Pavillion 8000 that weighs a ton and a half and only functions if you plug it in the mains).

Tip 3: make a password recovery disk before you enter in a password in Windows 10. When I blunder I keep blundering I guess......now I should have known that Windows 10 Home comes without activation code om OEM installs.....yet I managed to type in a password wrong twice (apparantly) and locked myself out of my own laptop, brilliant :). Normally this would mean, install disk, look at the bottom of the PC and type in the activation code, babysit for half an hour and voila a new an shiny Windows 10 installation. But with an OEM install this means return to sender.....to cough up some extra cash and have it spooled in again. Well done indeed :laugh:.

Result: even more delay :whistling:.

Greets, Artisan

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I haven't done the password lockout, Artisan, but I am four weeks into frying my motherboard because of a usb fault. Now waiting for number one son to replace motherboard. Hope your woes are quickly solved.

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
The detail and realism on these products is remarkable. I thought they were photo references at first.

ArtisanS

Contributing Artist
Thanx the both of you :), now stop it or I'll blush. No magic involved....I just use a neat combo of software for anyone to use.

- drawing, droodeling and coloring is done in Krita....an online project that started in Germany and is now a foundation based in Deventer (The Netherlands), a great collection of brushes are availlable. The ostrish skin was painted (and repainted) in Krita in a few minutes...

- modelling is done in Blender an Open Source 3D suite (with a rather steep learning curve) which is causing more and more raised eyebrows around the 3D community. For detailing I use a great plugin called HardOps (especially geared towards creating hard objects) it costs a whopping 15 dollars on GumRoad and those are probably the best 15 dollars ever spend. Most of the time HardOps makes short work of the shading issues in DAZ's not to up to date shading engine, by creating support loops and bevels in startegic places around the model.....some user input however remains needed, but deselecting a few vertexes is a lot easier then selecting a lot of them.

SIGGRAPH 2016 report - blender.org

- Inkscape is used for decals, a bit hard to use, maybe that could be replaced by AI in the near future

- For texturing I use a great program suite from France called Substance Painter and Substance Designer wich are geared towards iRay anyway. I create some of my substances (for instance the carbon of the carbon feet) in SD and do the texturing in SP. Export the moddel from Blender as an .obj and .mtl cobo....and you are engulfed in a sort of 3D photoshop.....I got a life membership setting me back 20 dollars a month.

Greets, Ed.

Banditcameraman

Enthusiast
It was because of this thread that I bought the camera and tripod :wow: :inlove:

Am working on a render using it for the Jungle Love contest and looking forward to more products from you :notworthy:

ArtisanS

Contributing Artist
Hmzzz, thanks for the compliments, and all the succes in the competition.......more products will come, there is a long and varried pipeline. Last week I had a slight case of Rio fever.....verry benign, symptoms were long TV nights (that round planet thing is not so handy when your on the other side of the action), some unfounded cursing when people in orange started to appear on the screen (and some people in blue green were faster), eyelids dropping and afternoon sleeps, but that has been cured and some cool stuf came from it! I remembered my 1940th high school gymnasium (I volleyballed in it in the 80th) and I'm modelling it as we speek..next week I'm going to send stuf over. But hey, arn't worndown gymnasiums not the places were great plans are born and medals are actually conceived.

Greets, Ed.

ArtisanS

Contributing Artist
There are new items being investigated at the B-hive, and I saw a documentary about Karel Appel this week and took his first studio as a clue, the gym is progressing as well.....but I have to slim it down (on a strickt megabyte diet since not everybody sports Titan X cards as compute engines (and indeed moi included I "just" use a 980 ti)). BTW, the Pegasus is new......duuh! And the floor. wel is a floor 36 x 36 feet (or 12 x 12 meters) of springy fabric and a 2 meter edge!

Gym Aged.png

ArtisanS

Contributing Artist
BTW, the above miss QA Queen Bee, has ever so kindly asked me to get a few Beta testers in action. Now the benefits are clear. You get send products that I make under verry cool conditions!

1) The product is free for you only!
2) The product is new, you beat everyone to the post (and be my guest if you use them for rendering, and plaster those renders all over the web and brag all you want, or don't:p that is up to you!)
3) You get all my personal support (including cool instal files that make installing a breeze).

The downside is, I ask you to play with the new deliveries (and report problems) and I guess you like doing that otherwise you would be playing chess with a Russian called Igor via snailmail, right?

And of course, files are for your computer only, but that's also true for bought content!

Just leave a reply in my thread and I contact you.....

Both me and Miss Bee will sleep a lot better if you respond in droves :), but a drove of 2 or 3 is more then enough, so don't wait to long, this offer is not here forever and a day, as you might imagine!

Greets, Artisan!

Last edited: