• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

ArtisanS Products at HiveWire

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'd be happy to help (DS user) but I'll be having surgery in a few weeks and then I'll be out of action for a little while.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I have Poser Pro 2014 and I offer my sophmoric knowledge to beta test for you as needed.

I would be considered a rookie beta tester but sometimes that's a good thing!

ArtisanS

Contributing Artist
I'll get Alisa to contact the Rae134 and BanditCameraMan and send yo my e-mail details......then we can get into contact! Not to rub quietrob against the grain, but for the moment I'm a DAZ kind off a guy. As soon as I expand to Poser (investing 299 dollars is out of the question now, my inhouse bankmanager won't allow it :)-)) and that sort of settles that for the moment). But if I keep grinding like I do now I will be in the plus soon enough and then who knows! This couches and table were one weekend work.....and there are a few hours left! BTW, the tiles in the table are real 17th century Dutch tiles.....

Couch and Table.jpg

ArtisanS

Contributing Artist
And the both of you have mail :D!

BTW, a freind of mine (also a 3D artist and with 23 years experience since his first computer was SGI workstation......ah, micronostalgia! costing about as much as middle sized famely car!), so I'll always find somebodu who can test.......

Greets, ArtisanS

Banditcameraman

Enthusiast
And the both of you have mail :D!

BTW, a freind of mine (also a 3D artist and with 23 years experience since his first computer was SGI workstation......ah, micronostalgia! costing about as much as middle sized famely car!), so I'll always find somebodu who can test.......

Greets, ArtisanS

Sent an email :)

Wow! His skill levels must be off the charts by now :notworthy:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Beautiful ArtisanS!

You're textures are amazing, the wood looks so real it could be mistaken for a photograph

ArtisanS

Contributing Artist
And by popular demand, now new also 3 Delight materials......took the best of the night (insomnia has it advantages) to get to grips with the strange beast called 3Delight. I know it is a great shader (I saw they even had a British dude called Potter among their clients). Now do I like 3Delight.....meeeh. At least I don't dispise it anymore. The trick seems to be, work inverse to the Substance Painter -> iRay pathway. There I create the materials in Painter under an IBL skydome (or inside dome) with around 32 EV's of light to play with (or leave constant). Then I translate it to the default iRay Uber shader and a dome in DAZ Studio 4.9......works like a charm. Only the reperitive work of stiring up the texuremaps shader by shader is a bit boring (good music helps, I use Beyonce's Lemonade as my favorite music brew). Then I only have to tweak some parameters here and there. It would be swell if I could import .mdl directly but I have not figured that trick out (not through lack of trying but then Studio got a bit iffy on me).

With 3Delight I had to do the same using the same textures......Substance Painter can spit out glossiness and specularity maps as well, but I have jet to get to grips with that. For now I have to add these maps to the brew manually and that is also a bit sensless reperitive work I detest, because it kills creativity. Having said that, I found out (through some good advise from SickleYield <- add applaus and shears, who has some great tuts online on DevArt and YouTube) that 3Delight needs a standard lighting set in order to make cool 3Delight materials.....so I checked in my folders and found a lightsetup I liked (Gaby's lights for those who wanna know) and build from there using the 6 headed standard DS Shader......and rendering on my 6 cores till they give of steam!

Now that will mean a new material set will be distibured and that will mean there will be some testing in order, and that will mean two testers will receive a free deskset after all, just to test and approve (or disapprove) the new 3Delight materials (that will be a free add on to the set!).

Greets, ArtisanS.

And to give some idea of what I'm doing, an 3Delight render!

FileCabinet 3Delight.jpg

Last edited: