• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Any new morphs for Dusk and Dawn age-wise?

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm wondering if anyone has created some aging morphs for Dawn and Dusk that have more eye-corner wrinkles, mouth corner wrinkles, forehead wrinkles and baggy eye morphs?
I'd like some that are okay to use in commercial packs when you create older figures.
Thanks. :)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I'd like them too, especially the eye-corner wrinkles for when Dawn smiles. Makes the eyes come to life when we have them.

But I'd love to see all of them for the Aged figures, too. I bet Dusk would make a really sexy "elder."

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes, exactly.
And when I create a texture I can only do so much with bumps and displacements.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Do you have images of the types of morphs you are looking for? I've been thinking about doing some age morphs for a while...not sure when I'll get to them.
@Traci, the clothing packs went to Lorraine yesterday to have a look at. So they're almost done.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Like this guy has if possible.

middle_aged_0075a.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
With wrinkles like this and a wrinkled texture we could do some great older characters!
Gotta shut down, sneaky storm in again.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'll have a play when I get chance...I have some ideas for morphs that I want to implement but I need to upgrade my version of DS to do it. Just looking at your image I can see 3 separate morphs. The wrinkles on the forehead, the eyes and the indentations around the mouth. Imagine if you had left and right dials so you could dial in more on one side than the other. After all no one is truly symmetrical. You only have to compare the cheek indentations to see that...
middle_aged_0075a.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...good idea Traci. I'm also thinking the little wrinkles at the top of the nose need to be a separate thing also. DS in the most recent version now has the ability to split morphs using symmetry which was why I started thinking along those lines.
I have my Deidre and Sora characters to complete but after that I can have a play with this. I need to check what Chris has already done as I don't want to double up.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
The wrinkles on the forehead, the eyes and the indentations around the mouth. Imagine if you had left and right dials so you could dial in more on one side than the other. After all no one is truly symmetrical. You only have to compare the cheek indentations to see that...

Yes, I would love to see more aged morphs for both Dawn and Dusk, especially if you have the option to have them be asymmetric. Honestly, I wish more of the standard face morphs were asymmetric, so you could have symmetry if you wanted it but make more 'interesting' characters if you didn't.

Darryl

Adventurous
Yes, I would love to see more aged morphs for both Dawn and Dusk, especially if you have the option to have them be asymmetric. Honestly, I wish more of the standard face morphs were asymmetric, so you could have symmetry if you wanted it but make more 'interesting' characters if you didn't.

Not sure what software you're using but I just recently "split" a open mouth morph so I could insert a cigar in one side. Poser Pro 2014 allows this. Not sure what other versions support it.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Poser has had it for a while Darryl. DS is now including it in the latest version. Seeing the option in the release thread has inspired me to try a few things. I now have both poser 2014 and Poser 11 in the pro versions but I don't really feel comfortable using them yet and only do what I absolutely must in them because of that.

Darryl

Adventurous
Poser has had it for a while Darryl. DS is now including it in the latest version. Seeing the option in the release thread has inspired me to try a few things. I now have both poser 2014 and Poser 11 in the pro versions but I don't really feel comfortable using them yet and only do what I absolutely must in them because of that.
I feel the same about DS but am slowly including it in my workflow. I always forget that Split Morphs is and option but will have to use it more often so it becomes automatic.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
You just described what I'm doing with Poser exactly...I can see lots of possiblities with the split morphs.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I did some aging morphs for Genesis so that's on my list to do for Dusk and Dawn!