• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

any dazer tht can help please

ive made a dress with a bat wing arm ive added extra vert in in and sub devided in daz but wen i pose it it split or tears does any one know why this happens her are 3 image one in t pose which its looks normal and 2 wen posed im baffled
Screenshot 2016-06-18 14.46.27.png
Screenshot 2016-06-18 14.48.41.png
Screenshot 2016-06-18 14.48.00.png

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Do you have any smoothing added?

Couple of things that it could be. My first thought would be to check that the weighmapping isn't missing on the part that is doing that. Sometimes the weightmap has missed a single vertice or poly and it can do strange things like that. If it is missing you'll need to adjust the weightmap so it's the same colour as the other vertices and polys around it. If that doesn't fix it you would need to look at the mesh and see if there is a problem where the mesh is distorting.

thnks hun ill relook at the mesh i dont know much about weight mapping but i have a tutorial of you tube the im looking at to help on weight mapping

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
If you get stuck let me know and I'll have a quick look. I'm not an expert by any means but I have gotten better at finding and fixing little issues like missing weight maps. I really need some solid time to play with weightmapping from scratch I have a mermaid tail sitting there waiting that I really need to finish.

thnks hun ive been play as a practice so i can get used to it and have done to bad 2nd pic was how it look 1st is how ive practiced
Screenshot 2016-06-20 00.21.53.png
13416777_10209937376736747_8655637524309534918_o.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yeah...it's nice to have time to play. Still so much I don't understand about weightmapping yet. Looking good though...did you find what was causing the problem?

no hun i havent im still doing the weight maps wen i get a spare few moments wat i wanted to do is make some body dance poses and wen u pose dawn the dressstill behave silly so i want to weight map dress to faollow the poses nicely if u know wat i mean i had noone really explain why it happens

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm not sure I could explain it to anyone as I mostly play around until it does what I want. If you want I can have a look?