• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Another modeling question...

eclark1894

Visionary
Anybody have any advice or at least know where i can get advice on how to best model my two biggest modeling fails... Shoeslaces and shirt or coat collars and lapels?

They all seem so deceptively easy to make, especially the shirt collars and coat lapels, but with out fail, theare some of the hardest parts of the clothing for me to get right.

And shoelaces.... There's another challenge. I've tried modeling them by hand, but that's not only confusing and tedious, the finished product often looks like alien technology... just plain weird.

Anybody got any suggestions or links to pages that could help me?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I find collars and coat lapels easiest to do by starting with one row of edges copied from the collar, then paste. I have the basic shape for the connection with the right number of polys, then model as a separate piece, bridging them together once I have the collar shape I want. Doing it this way also avoids reversed normals.

Shoe laces..........It's Hexagon, but his approach to laces could be used in any modeler.