• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Animateable Bubblegum...

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I have a scene I have wanted to animate for some time that I want to have one of the characters in the scene chewing gum, blow a bubble, and have the bubble burst and she starts chewing again. As the result of my OCD I want to do this in-render, not Postworking.

Since my computer is still trying to make an image file of a damaged drive, I currently can only theorize and speculate mentally - but I wanted to see if I could get some input on this.

I was considering if this would be doable using Geometry Swapping? For example, making the Bubble that can be scaled and expanded as one form, then making 2-3 "Burst" shapes and a facial splat to set up as Geometry Swaps that can then be dialed to at the appropriate frames. I say Geometry Swapping instead of Morphing so that there would be more leeway in shape and complexity for the bursts.

Does this sound feasible or am I likely barking up the wrong tree?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
My first thought create a model that's spherical but that has many parts. Scale it up then when it bursts move the parts individually. Dunno geometry swaps.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I do not know why I never got a notification of a reply, but thank you for that video clip link. Watching that I might actually be able to model the gum buble in such a way where it could be morphed or rigged. Sorry I am a year late. Working on so many things on the PC and in Real Life, including still working my way through a 2TB data recovery (yup, a year and a half later still trying to recover and/or replace things), plus still finding missing software tools I need to install on the new workstation as I get beck into production.