• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

AnimaGemini's Products at HiveWire 3D

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Already in Halloween mood ;)

Attachments

• When the Night is comming.jpg
    When the Night is comming.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 199

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, I finally decided to go for it. I was glad to see that there were textures to work from, and most of them I just upped the bump and tried to add some displacement. I did slap shaders on a few surfaces (mostly wood) using ones from Marieah's 'Pimp my Prop' set of 3DL shaders, and changed the tiling on a couple. I did find I needed to make some adjustments to the roof on House 2 since the UVs had the tiles going horizontal instead of vertical. I think that the roof of house 6 does the same, but since it was thatch it wasn't as noticeable.

Basically just a quick and dirty screenshot of a full screen spot render.

Village.jpg

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Looks great :) :balloon03: The roof was a bit challenging. I use procedural textures and hat to find an angle for the uv where on both sides the tiles fit. But because this Village was at first created with Poser in mind, the UV in DS has to get flipped.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
That only seemed to affect two of the buildings. The rest were all right once I changed the tiling. Although I did use a different thach shader, since the shader had better displacement.

I might go in with the geometry editor and separate out the ridgepoles on the tiled roofs fo I could apply a better cap tile. But that will do fr right now.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
That only seemed to affect two of the buildings. The rest were all right once I changed the tiling. Although I did use a different thach shader, since the shader had better displacement.

I might go in with the geometry editor and separate out the ridgepoles on the tiled roofs fo I could apply a better cap tile. But that will do fr right now.

Yes, for some reason the two houses are with the roof different. For Poser shader I use layer mask technique. For DS I had the same technique in mind, but unfortunately I had to deal with the path error at last :somad:

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
When I saw the images for this come in they reminded me of the movie Stardust and the cool, little, moss-covered town of Wall.

I like that you were able to make both versions work.