• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

And the winners are ... Open Rendering Season Contest 2016

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Wow! I do not envy the judges for having to rank all of those incredible works. Congratulations to all of the winners! Those are just beautiful images. And I think it's really worth noting that AFAIK, this is the only site in the content community with nature-based contests. I really love seeing such rich and diverse scenes, with so many different subjects.

It's inspiring and beautiful.

Andrew

New-Bee
I'm SOOOO... excited. I just had a look at the results and they definitely woke me up (it's early morning in Australia). Congratulations to all the entrants and winners. Such a variety of excellent ideas where entered especially the ones that make you laugh. A big thanks to Ken and the sponsors for such a great competition. Also thanks to everyone for your kind comments.
DaVinci

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Congratulations to you Andrew, those 2 renders are amazing, and welcome to the HiveWire forums. :D

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Congrats to everyone! It would have been very hard to judge!

Welcome to the hive Andrew and azoohouse.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Congratulations to all entrants and winners...really high standard of work and all renders looked amazing!

Jan

Adventurous
Congratulations to all winners. Such truly amazing images have been produced. I especially like the winner one titled Evening Watch by Da Vinci, that Kookaburra sitting watching for a feed is so lifelike and with me seeing and feeding a family of wild Kookaburras every day, it has really touched my fancy. Well done everyone. JanW

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I'm a little late to the party!! I had a busy 4th and just catching up now!

A huge heartfelt WOW and congratulations!! Gorgeous renders one and all!

Stunning work on the Owl and Kookaburra Da Vinci. I think you were in competition with yourself. @Szark , amazing feather details! @Satira Capriccio gorgeous colors and awesome subject matter congrats on the Kiwiw's!! @artrager , love your work on the penguins !! It's 108 again today I may be joining them soon for a dip!

Mary, that reminds me of the fable of the frog and the scorpion! It's very well done, and I sure did get a chuckle out of it!

@Gadget Girl touching render with the Sparrow! Poor little fellow!

@sandman_max I love your fence. It's very realistic and WOW! Check out those wings!!

Also, Thank you !! =) I love my little Hummers!! Superb job on them Ken!!

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
...And I think it's really worth noting that AFAIK, this is the only site in the content community with nature-based contests. I really love seeing such rich and diverse scenes, with so many different subjects.

It's inspiring and beautiful.

As somebody who primarily creates and posts nature-based imagery, I have found it frustrating to routinely get ignored in favor of the more popular forms of 3D imagery (pin-ups, sci-fi, fantasy). Part of the reason for this contest is to allow nature-based imagery it's moment in spotlight. That's also part of Songbird ReMix's mission, to provide tools for artists to create imagery that reminds us how important birds (and nature) are to our lives and hopefully create awareness.

"Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean." -John Muir

Szark

Awesome
As somebody who primarily creates and posts nature-based imagery, I have found it frustrating to routinely get ignored in favor of the more popular forms of 3D imagery (pin-ups, sci-fi, fantasy).

amen...I can't do enough nature related images

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
As somebody who primarily creates and posts nature-based imagery, I have found it frustrating to routinely get ignored in favor of the more popular forms of 3D imagery (pin-ups, sci-fi, fantasy). Part of the reason for this contest is to allow nature-based imagery it's moment in spotlight. That's also part of Songbird ReMix's mission, to provide tools for artists to create imagery that reminds us how important birds (and nature) are to our lives and hopefully create awareness.

Well said Sir! Whilst I hold that all life is sacred and should be treated with respect, one of the main reasons I moved to my current home was the wide and abundant variety of birds to be seen in due season. As the sole direct (known) descendants of the dinosaurs I also hold that they do deserve extra care from us. Perhaps the Admin would consider making this an annual event. Given the high standards shown by the entrants I'm sure that would reach a wider audience than Hivewire alone. Just an off-the-top-of-my-head suggestion, but perhaps one which may be worth considering. :applause:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Mythocentric, this is an annual event. Ken started his annual Audubon Birthday Sales, and the render challenges, back when he was a PA at DAZ3D, and he restarted the sale and render challenge again when he moved here to HiveWire 3D. A lot of folks look forward to it each year.

I know there's a link to the 2015 Open Rendering Season render challenge in the Media section of the site. I don't know if there's one for the 2014 render challenge, unless for some reason there wasn't one.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Well said Sir! Whilst I hold that all life is sacred and should be treated with respect, one of the main reasons I moved to my current home was the wide and abundant variety of birds to be seen in due season. As the sole direct (known) descendants of the dinosaurs I also hold that they do deserve extra care from us. Perhaps the Admin would consider making this an annual event. Given the high standards shown by the entrants I'm sure that would reach a wider audience than Hivewire alone. Just an off-the-top-of-my-head suggestion, but perhaps one which may be worth considering. :applause:

Hey Mythocentric, this is an annual event. Ken started his annual Audubon Birthday Sales, and the render challenges, back when he was a PA at DAZ3D, and he restarted the sale and render challenge again when he moved here to HiveWire 3D. A lot of folks look forward to it each year.

I know there's a link to the 2015 Open Rendering Season render challenge in the Media section of the site. I don't know if there's one for the 2014 render challenge, unless for some reason there wasn't one.

My annual Audubon's Birthday Charity Sale started back in 2008 and my Open Rendering Season Contest in 2007. For a complete look at the prize winners over the 10 years history, visit my website.
My charity sale in the past 9 years has raised almost $20,000 for Audubon's causes and the protection of endangered birds.