• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

And the winners are ... Open Rendering Season Contest 2016

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Congratulations to the 2016
Open Rendering Season Contest Winners!

Grand Prize (Tie)

GrandPrize_Afternoon Haze by DaVinci.jpg

Afternoon Haze by DaVinci

GrandPrize_Evening Watch by DaVinci.jpg

Evening Watch by DaVinci

1st Prize

1stPrize_Foraging by Szark.jpg

Foraging by Szark

2nd Prize

2ndPrize_Penguinville by artrager.jpg

Penguinville by Artrager

3rd Prize

3rdPrize_The Kiwis by Satira Capriccio.jpg

The Kiwis by Satira Capriccio

Honorable Mentions (in no particular order)

HM01_The Fall of a Sparrow by Gadget Girl.jpg

The Fall of the Sparrow by Gadget Girl

HM02_Water Taxi by Mary Williams.jpg

Water Taxi by Mary Williams

HM03_Barn Owl by sandman_max.jpg

Barn Owl by Sandman_max

HM04_Mexican Papel Picado by NapalmArsenal.jpg

Mexican Papel Picado by Napalm Arsenal

HM05_Ruins by Heidi.jpg

Ruins by Heidi

Thanks to everyone who entered. We were inspired by your creativity and all the wonderful images you shared.

Winners: We will be in touch with you by email to award your prizes. Congratulations!

HW3D and Ken Gilliland

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Congrats to the winners and all who entered! I don't envy Ken's judges - they had some awesome images to choose from :)

Happy 4th of July to all in the US!

DigiDotz

Adventurous
Yes, Congrats to all. Didnt get time to follow much over the last month or so but .great renders! :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Congrats everyone. I'm sure it wasn't at all easy for the judges, because there were so many very amazing renders submitted.

(That sure is a lot of penguins in Penguinville!)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Congratulations to all this year's prizewinners; marvellous renders and well deserved!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Gorgeous renders folks. I think they are all first place in my book. HUGS

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Congratulations everyone. I do have to add, while the judges choices on the major prizes were close, the honorable mentions were even tighter... there could have easily been more than a dozen honorable mentions-- I had to make them do a second look to pare down the number to five. This year, by far, had the best number of prize-worthy entries I've seen.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
This year, by far, had the best number of prize-worthy entries I've seen.
I couldn't have said it better Ken. Absolutely wonderful entries by all who participated.

Congrats to the winners, and several of them did NOT surprise me. ;)

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Congratulations to everyone! Some wonderful concepts and more than a few, "God! I wish I'd thought of that!" moments. Truly inspiring imagery. :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: