• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.

Alaric for Dusk

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Hmm he seems a little "Clark Gable-ish" ! :) I'm interested! (and dating myself maybe?) LOL!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here is an image with all of Alaric's face options.
I think it will work better than loading all the full size images.
If all goes well I hope to submit this one in a week or two.

alaric sets-1.jpg

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
I really like this guy a lot. He reminds me of Burt Reynolds. You really did some great detailing on the beard and his skin wrinkles.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, you know Aether, he DOES look a little like Burt Reynolds. Nicely done FL.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
To be honest, there are no morphs applied to his face, all is just the way the texture and displacement maps work. :)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I do really like this character...he looks like he's been around the block a time or two and knows a thing or three. He's a definite for my runtime.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I love the wrinkles here. Great job with the displacement on those! I wish I could watch how you do those... displacement maps give me fits still! LOL :D

He reminds me more of Clark Gable, personally. But either way, I really like the look of him so far. This looks like good work already!

Alisa

HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
He's looking really nice!

I did a bit of moving and deleting posts to get things to make sense as I moved some posts from one thread to another ;)

Alisa

HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
You're very welcome :)

*sits back to wait for more previews*

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Alaric-IrayDS_004.jpg

Last one before starting promo stuff as I wait for my testers verdicts.
This was rendered in DAZ Studio 4.9 using Iray Sunlight settings.
I did have to post work the hairline and sideburns of the hair a bit but other than that it is a straight render.
It took 5 hours to render.

Pendraia

Seasoned
Contributing Artist
Looking good Faery...I haven't forgotten just got sidetracked today as my husband and I have been doing some minor tiling in the bathrooms.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Pen, you do DS renders, does it always take so long with Iray?
I have a dual core, 3.5mzh abd 8gb ram.
My graphics card has two, is it mb or gb, I forget things like that.