• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Affinity Software

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I think by 2018 I will give Adobe the old heave hoe... I did notice one strange thing yesterday. I had Affinity Photo up and then I wanted to bring up Photoshop and it would NOT continue loading. I closed out of Affinity and rebooted the computer and brought up Photoshop no issue and THEN Affinity Photo and all was fine. Not sure what that was about, probably a momentary computer glitch but still got me thinking.... is Photoshop jealous? :p

Steve.M

Enthusiast
Hi Folks,

I hear many can't afford Photoshop or hate the idea of doing a subscription but really would like something high end that does the job. Well there is an option out there... it used to be Serif but now it's Affinity Professional.

They have 2 main offerings right now and a third in beta.

Affinity Photo: Affinity Photo - Professional image editing software
Affinity Designer: Affinity Designer - Professional graphic design software
Hi,

Just tried the "Designer", very nice, so purchased a license.

Thanks for posting the info.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I have Photoshop CS6, but I am unable to get the latest and greatest version of Photoshop. (at least I do not think I can)

I find it interesting that 13 is someone else's lucky number too.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Well I was born Friday the 13th so of course! lol

I had to fall back into using Photoshop. Until they update and implement a few more things in Affinity I'll have to beg off making this my default texturing app!