• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

About merchant resource

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
perhaps a stupid question...but i never used one to create...if i want to make textures for example for Dawn or Dusk and want to use the textures coming with them ....how i need to change them to be ok? or it is used only as guideline? sorry for the silly question...i only want to do things right!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Agreed! Maybe someone smarter/more experienced than us will answer on the thread! lol.

I think it means you can modify it in order to make things to sell, but that you have to make some big modifications in order to sell it. Not just add a couple of freckles. But, that is only my thoughts. I will be interested in what others say.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
About MR sets, depending on which ones and which seller there are different usage rules.
Most have it spelled out in the readme files.
Some will allow use on any character model others only the one it was created for.
All require that you do many changes if you plan to retail the work.

Dawn and Dusk can be used as a n MR but do require changes to the original map, you can not sell the original maps as is om any MR.

Most do not permit use for other Merchant Resource packages.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
We do want you to make significant changes to the base texture. The seams are done and QAV approved on these MR's, which to me is the most frustrating part.

It's not enough to just hue shift the texture. You should be adding your own details like different brows, freckles, imperfections, wrinkles, etc. to make something that is your own unique look. With today's technology it's easier than ever to take your own photos to use for brows, lips, scars, etc. Then it's a matter of using a layered editor like Photoshop to incorporate your changes.