• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A wish for a light set

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I wish someone would create a standard light set for DAZ Studio that does not cast harsh shadows or darken any part of the model.
One strictly for rendering the little png sets for our products in DS.

I'm trying to get a decent light on the horse but they all seem to darken most of the mane, tail or fetlocks so the real color does not show.

I tried the default with no lights loaded, the Iray Sunlight and others but the MFTs still have a lot of darkness on them.

Please someone create a good set to be the standard set for the png work.
I'll be sooooo happy. :)

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Do not have a horse to make experiment, but probably 2 horse-sized meshlights in front and after the horse?

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
DS Iray
If using Mesh lights the shadows are softened by the size of the light, bigger - softer shadow.
Dimension theory does some wonderful HDRI's which give soft shadows.

DS 3dl
AoA lights have a good control over shadow strength and softness.