• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A Question for the Comics Creators

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I've been a technical author in my time, and also a programmer, so I can be sympathetic with both sides. It can be very difficult for a lone developer who's been immersed in their work to get the detached viewpoint needed for a good manual - or indeed a good user interface, which is where the problem usually starts.

I too have been a technical author, and the problem I always had was the demoralising knowledge that NOBODY EVER READS THE MANUAL! I remain convinced that if I had inserted "Contact us for a free Mars bar*" somewhere other than the front page, the company would never have needed to hand over a single Mars bar. So it warms my little heart to have people keen to find and read manuals! Anyway, </grumble>, lest I derail the conversation.

*Note for those not in a country where Mars bars are unknown, they are a confection or candy, sold in single-serving wrappers, consisting of a chocolate-type coating over a stick of nougat and caramel. They make a pretty good chocolate toffee sauce if melted in a microwave.

English Bob

Adventurous
What are your favorite and least favorite tools that you all use when working on comics?

I like Comic Life. It doesn't have tons of functions, which helps to make it easy to use. Some of its user interface is not Windows standard (I think it was originally for iPad), but then Microsoft's record isn't good in that area either. :p