• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A Magic Moment in Time

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I write what I see (saw)

A Magic Moment in Time

I wish you could see,
what was visible to me,
Christmas lights reflected in streaks,
On rain soaked asphalt streets...

This doubled the brilliance,
Giving the night such richness,
A magic moment in time,
Was briefly mine.
~Lyne's Creations

----------------------------------

just wanted to share... of course now trying to reproduce this in art... :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Very nice indeed Lyne. I've always wished I could write simple rhymes, but alas, I'm not good at it.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
This is as good as I could get with my tiny 10 mgpixel Coolpix Nikon... Finally everyone took their bins in,
the rain came down and I could snap a bunch... I shake, so out of a lot, this was the best one...
Happy New Year all!

XmasLightsInRain.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
I have to agree. Something about this time of year, and the colorful lights, that just make it so festive. The reflections in the water just add to the festivity. ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thanks, Ladies! It made me happy... there is no way to create this (reflection in rain) lighting effect in Photoshop that I know of.... so had to get the real thing! :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Natively in PS? No, don't think there really is, but I use Filter Forge, so it might be possible, but I've never tried it.

There's just something about lights reflecting on water, even if it's not raining, that's beautiful.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I don't know about in Photoshop but you can get similar reflections in Iray using the Terradome water.

Have you tried looking at the terradome for Poser and applying one of the water settings to a road? It's essentially a mirror with blurring. It should be possible to get something close.