• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A little confused here...

sean_martin

Motivated
Have to admit, there are times when Hivewire is a bit difficult to navigate. For example, I didnt even know until this morning that the galleries are called "media", so that explains that.

Now, I know that, despite that fact, I've had a few things put in the galleries — I have the points for them. But if I do a search by member name for myself, nothing shows up. Ae they only in there for a limited time and then deleted?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmmm, that seems odd Sean, as I uploaded only 3 renders back in December 2015, while we were testing the new forum software, and they're still there.

Do you recall how long ago you uploaded them to your Media gallery? If it was when the site was first opened (or shortly thereafter), they wouldn't be there because the site was hacked, and everything deleted, back around November 2015. That's the only reason why I can think your renders aren't still up there.

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
I'd like to add a question to Sean's.

Are there advantages to keeping a gallery versus just posting images in a forum?

sean_martin

Motivated
Well, according to my points thingie... one was awarded in July 2016. But I cant find it.

I guess that raises another question: if we're awarded these points because of gallery work, is it possible to include a link with the account notification?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Submissions to the Monthly Galleries or to the HiveWire Contests are uploaded by "HWGalleries." If you look at the submissions in the Monthly Galleries, you will see HWGalleries as the "owner" of the image, while your Artist Nickname is part of the image title. Comments and Likes also go to HWGalleries.

You can search media by image name or by the Artist Nickname you submitted under.

upload_2017-5-4_15-6-47.png

DeeDee by Sean Martin is in the April 2016 Monthly Gallery.

Keep in mind entries for each Monthly Gallery were submitted the previous month. So, May 2017 will have images that were submitted April 1 through April 30, 2017. I try to get submissions downloaded, renamed and resized, and then uploaded to the Monthly Galleries by the end of the first week of the month, but Lisa has to create the Monthly Gallery and issue the points.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Are there advantages to keeping a gallery versus just posting images in a forum?
Hey Beth, as far as I know, the only advantage to keeping a gallery is so you can post the image in more than one forum thread.

IOW, say you have a render with Dawn, Dusk, Luna and Harry the Horse. If you upload it to your gallery, you can then post it in the render threads for each character. I, myself, prefer not to do that, but a number of our members like being able to upload their renders in each of the respective render threads. Having the images uploaded to a gallery means you only have to upload once, and then just link to it as often as you prefer.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I did that search, and it came up zero. Is that a browser issue?
I see Satira stepped in with more information. I didn't realize the render you were referring to was in one of the galleries she administers. I just assumed it was an gallery/album you created yourself.

Hopefully, she'll be able to answer this last question for you, but just to play it safe, try it with another browser and see if it shows up. Other than that, I don't know what to suggest.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I tried with three other Artist Nicknames and got Monthly Gallery results. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a browser issue. Since they all do things differently, there are issues with things working correctly with one browser and not at all with another.

I primarily use Chrome, and only use another browser when a site won't work in Chrome.

Miss B, the tip off for me was he mentioned getting points. So ... that indicated he was submitting to the Monthly Galleries.

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
Having the images uploaded to a gallery means you only have to upload once, and then just link to it as often as you prefer.
Are there any other advantages? Like Sean mentioned points for images in the gallery. What are these points used for?

And, I'm guessing, that if you have your images in the gallery, then they'll appear on the forum pages at the top. Is that right?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sean referred to the reward points earned for submitting an image to the Monthly Galleries and it is accepted. 500 reward points for one image, 1,000 reward points for two or more. Reward points are used to discount the price of products in the HiveWire store. You can find a Submit to the Monthly Gallery link at the bottom of the main HiveWire page or the store pages and on the Share tab (Submit Your Art).

I believe the images at the top of the forum pages come from forum posts. I could be wrong about that, but I've seen images I only posted in forum posts appear in the top section, and when clicked, you're taken to the post with that image.

It is easier for others to browse through your images if you create a personal media gallery and upload to it. If you only put them in posts, it's hit and miss whether people see them.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I believe the images at the top of the forum pages come from forum posts. I could be wrong about that, but I've seen images I only posted in forum posts appear in the top section, and when clicked, you're taken to the post with that image.
I believe the 3 images at the very top right corner of the forum pages are from forum posts.

The images that appear at the top and bottom of the main forum areas of the front page of the forum are randomly displayed from the Monthly galleries.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Are the monthly galleries in the media section and do you need to do the search from within a special area? I'm wondering if Sean is just doing a straight gallery search? Just a thought...

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So just how I use the Galleries, but if I'm posting an image about a WIP or a question, I just link it in the forum, I don't add it to my gallery. I try to keep my gallery for what I think of as my better images that I want to show off. Of course you don't have to do it that way, that's just how I do it.