• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A Few Books By The Cheapskate...

3dcheapskate

Engaged
Download page at ShareCG - A Few Books By The Cheapskate...

Here's what I wrote on that page:

A first test of a simple prop for populating all those empty virtual bookshelves.
It's in Poser 6 Poser Prop format.There's a PMD version, plus a normal version so DAZ Studio users can use it too.
There's a single 2048x2048 JPG texture containing 41 classic titles in paperback - you really should read them !
The prop loads with the bottom left corner of the leftmost book at the origin.
All 41 books are standardish-sized thin paperbacks (17.5cm x 10cm x 1cm)
There's a morph to separate the books, and another to make them A4 magazine-ish size (29.7cm x 21cm x 1cm).
And because having all books the same size is so boring there are two morphs for making them more random-ish.
All morphs play happily together, and negative values work to some extent although some books turn inside out, and that's not a pretty sight!
More details in the "Books To Populate All Those Empty Virtual Bookshelves"thread on the DAZ Freebie forum
Hopefully I packaged everything up that's needed. It'seems a long time since I last did one of these...
PromoDS.jpg

3dcheapskate

Engaged
Hope you find them useful...
For anybody who wants to do their own textures, I've added a template and helper image to the ShareCG download page and DAZ thread.