• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

14th Annual Songbird Remix Open Rendering Season Contest 2020

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Open Rendering Season Contest 2020
HiveWire 3D and Songbird ReMix

!Grand Prize Blossom's Delight by Flint_Hawk.jpg

2019 Grand Prize Winner - Blossom's Delight" by Flint Hawk

you're invited to take a shot at creating your best.

Contest begins Friday, June 19th, 2020 and
Ends on Sunday, August 2nd, 2020.

Winners will be posted on Friday August 14th, 2020.

HiveWire 3D and Ken Gilliland express their gratitude to the companies and individuals who are showing support by co-sponsoring this contest with their willingness to donate prizes. We appreciate all of you very much. Many thanks to: Renderosity

Prizes Current Prize packages valued at over $1,470.00!

Grand Prize (currently a $628 value prize package)

1st Prize (currently a $553 value prize package)

2nd Prize (currently a $279 value prize package)

3rd Prize (currently a $160 value prize package)

Honorable Mentions – usually 5 awards given
  • Any Ken Gilliland product. (approx. $10-30)
  • HiveWire owned content ($20)
  • 1 RPublishing Product

2020 Judges

The judging for the contest will be conducted by the staff of Audubon California. The staff includes a dedicated group of individual ranging from scientists and activists to people simply passionate about saving birds and our planet. Audubon's mission is to conserve and restore natural ecosystems, focusing on birds, other wildlife, and their habitats for the benefit of humanity and the earth's biological diversity.

First Place 2019 - Change of Weather" by Penne's from Heaven
______________________________​
Contest Rules
1. Imagery must contain a visible and discernible Songbird ReMix bird product (See acceptable list of products). Imagery to be submitted may be still or animated. Any 2D or 3D Software may be used. The size of the still imagery should be no smaller than 800 x 600 pixels and no larger than 2000 x 2000 pixels and saved in .jpg format. Animation entries should be posted on YouTube and a link to the animation provided on the Contest Entry form.

2. Two entry submission per entrant. Note that there are risks in submitting two entries. You could end up competing against yourself and diluting votes to your submission.

3. You may enter a piece that has been posted elsewhere (such as another forum, contest, etc). You may not enter a piece which has been previously entered in this specific contest (such as last years' entry of the 2019 Open Rendering Season Contest).

4. Images may not contain nudity. Please remember judging will be partially focusing on the use of the Songbird ReMix package. The winning entries will be selected by a Judging Panel - The Panel's decision is final. Judges will perform independent reviews of the submissions. The Judges (and Ken) may not submit entries.

5. The finished products must be solely the creation by the entrant. All artists agree, by entering this contest, to allow HiveWire 3D and Ken Gilliland to use their entries to promote future contests held, and to display the result of this contest. The Artist will remain the intellectual property holder of their entry images. Images and animations will not be used for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of the artist.

6. Entries will be accepted beginning June 19th, 2020. All entries must submitted by August 2nd, 2020, 11:59pm GMT. Any entries submitted after that date will not be considered. Award winners will be announced on August 14th, 2019. Prize winners must supply their real names, email addresses, and mailing addresses for prize distribution. Monetary amount of "Shopping Spree" can only be used at Ken Gilliland's, Nature's Wonders & Songbird ReMix's Store and Downloads (Ken's CafePress, Zazzle and RedBubble stores). Unused amounts of "Shopping Spree" prize are considered non-redeemable.

7. Judging details. Judging is conducted by a three member panel and done in secret (so judges don't influence each other). Judges will select their 5 favorite pieces and assign point values to them. (7pts=1st choice, 5pts=2nd choice, 3pts=3rd choice, 2 pts=4th choice and 1pt=5th choice). Once all 3 judges submit their choices, the points are tabulated and prizes awarded.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I tried to visit the gallery. This is what I got:

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I guess it isn't reset for "public" viewing yet. New Galleries like this are done in "private" mode until all renders are uploaded.

OK, I just checked, and I can see it, but that may be because I'm also a CV, so lets wait until Satira gets online and checks it out for us.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
As of about two hours ago, everyone should be able to view the gallery.

Once Lisa saw my post, she changed the setting to allow everyone to view it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ah, OK, good to know. I had a feeling I was able to see it because of my CV status.

Jan

Adventurous
I submitted an image which an email said was accepted about two days ago. How long before it shows in the SBRM 2020 contest entries page. Thanks. Jan

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Entries submitted after July 19 haven't been uploaded to the Gallery yet.

The auto email acknowledges your entry was received. Those entries have to be resized and uploaded manually to the 2020 Open Rendering Season Contest media folder, so I generally do that on weekends.

FYI: The judges will see the original images submitted, not the images that were resized and uploaded to the media folder. So as long as you got the auto email, your entry is in the contest.

Rieke

Admirable
Wow, so many gorgeous entries in the contest gallery!
Good luck to all!

I submitted my entry also right now.

Phoenix

Admirable
I think I just submitted 2 entries, does it take a little time for them to appear in the gallery? Or did I do it wrong >_<

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Submissions have to be manually downloaded, resized to fit media limits, and then uploaded to the Media Gallery. The Media Gallery is just for us to be able to see the entries. Judging is done on the actual submissions (which means in all their full sized glory)

You submitted after I'd already downloaded the previous week's entries. Today is the last day to submit, so I will update the Media Gallery after submissions are closed.