• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

1 questions about shopping clothes for Dawn

cosmasad

Greetings friends. I've got Dawn and I want to find some simple, straightforward every day clothes for her. I go to Hivewire's website/ Shop. I see the Categories on the left. I see Clothing and hit the + sign, then click on Everyday clothing. Isn't there a way to filter it by everyday clothing for DAWN specifically?

Also, once I find something I like how can I tell if it's conforming? I need it to be conforming.

Thank you.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Hi Cosmasad, I don't think there's a way currently in the store to narrow searches to just one figure. Though, that sure would be a welcome addition.

I know that all my Dawn clothing is super conforming and I believe all of Ken1171s is as well. If you search by vendor you may have more luck in narrowing your search.

Shellyw

Admirable
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
on the product page on the clothing item it will tell you if it is conforming or dynamic in the product description. The store doesn't have specific categories for specific figures at the moment, but maybe one day it will.

As for vendors that do make conforming clothing for Dawn I can name right off the bat is:
Hivewire3D, Aura Shari, Glitterati 3D, Evil Innocence, Ken1171 and of course myself. :)

Satira Capriccio does a combination of conforming and dynamicx

Now if you want pure dynamics then Lully is who you want to look into.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Click on the logo or click Home.
Click Shop.
The categories are on YOUR left.
Click Clothing and Accesories. That will open up several categories of clothing. One of them is called Everyday Clothing.
There are 10 pages of clothing. Most are for Dawn.
Shop through those pages and enjoy!

cosmasad

Thank you, guys. These are helpful.

Now, regarding whether or not something is conforming. I’m looking at Dusk’s Bomber Jacket and Dawn’s Skinny Jeans. They say that they’re compatible with Poser but nothing about whether they’re conforming. Do I need to contact the artist (Christopher Creek Art)?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Thank you, guys. These are helpful.

Now, regarding whether or not something is conforming. I’m looking at Dusk’s Bomber Jacket and Dawn’s Skinny Jeans. They say that they’re compatible with Poser but nothing about whether they’re conforming. Do I need to contact the artist (Christopher Creek Art)?

You certainly could, but I can tell you they are both conforming products.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
on the product page on the clothing item it will tell you if it is conforming or dynamic in the product description. The store doesn't have specific categories for specific figures at the moment, but maybe one day it will.

As for vendors that do make conforming clothing for Dawn I can name right off the bat is:
Hivewire3D, Aura Shari, Glitterati 3D, Evil Innocence, Ken1171 and of course myself. :)

Satira Capriccio does a combination of conforming and dynamicx

Now if you want pure dynamics then Lully is who you want to look into.

Ahhhh, nice list! Way more responsive and accurate than mine! :)

cosmasad

Now, why wouldn't the descriptions say whether they're conforming? Isn't that essential? Is there something I'm missing? Is being conforming not that important?

Thank you.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Clothing has been predominately conforming though dynamic does seem to be catching on ... at least here at HiveWire. Conforming is what most customers are used to (and perhaps even prefer). Consequently, you will normally only see whether it's conforming or dynamic if the clothing is dynamic.

Conforming is easiest for the customer, but doesn't always look natural. Dynamic clothing looks more natural, but it requires more effort by the customer.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Now, why wouldn't the descriptions say whether they're conforming? Isn't that essential? Is there something I'm missing? Is being conforming not that important?

Thank you.

It's just because we vendors sometimes forget that our customers are looking for that kind of information. I found myself leaving that information out of my descriptions and have worked to correct that mistake recently.

We just sometimes work so long on a project, we forget that our potential customers are not as familiar with the product as we are.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Since most clothing is conforming, we don't generally note that. You can generally figure if it does not say dynamic on the product page, it is conforming :)

Hornet3d

Wise
I would guess that conforming clothing covers the majority of all clothing sold, not only here but in other marketplaces as well. As it is by far the majority the convention appears to be all clothing is assumed conforming unless otherwise stated. When not conforming most is marked dynamic, a little states that the cloth room is needed and some products state both. Beware also that there is also some hybrids such as a long dress where the top may be conforming but the skirt part is dynamic.

For everyday poses such as walking, standing and the like, with everyday clothes, I will stick my neck out and say there is little difference between the two and generally conforming is quicker. When you move on to some flowing dresses, you want a figure to sit in a skirt and look good or want the clothing to react with parts of the scene then dynamics is the way to go. It does take more effort than conforming but it really does pay dividends.

I think dynamics is becoming more popular, particularly here at Hivewire and that due in no small part to Lully. Not only are the clothes stunning the tutorials included make them easy to use. I tried many times to get my head around dynamics but it was only when I purchased some of the Lully outfits did it all click with me. I now have almost the full Lully collection and every one of them is worth every dollar and more.