• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How do you create DS character with Poser model?

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I know how to do this for a figure that is already set for DS, but for one like Antonia Polygon, how?
I imported her obj but it won't save as a duf character preset.

It would be great if someone who has this knowledge would make Antonia Polygon work in DAZ Studio for everyone. :)

DigiDotz

Adventurous
not sure if I follow, well it is late
Antonia 1.2.0 loads into to daz ok for me from the poser formats library mapped in Daz- you can convert to weight mapping too.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hmm, guess I don't understand how to do that but I do know she can be loaded and most of here thing used.

I will edit my free items and other sets to DS format when I get my other projects out of the way.
Or if someone wants to convert any of my free items for DAZ Studio, that is fine.

DigiDotz

Adventurous
I just pasted the runtime from the Antonia zip to the Daz "my library" and she shows up in Poser formats>my library>Figures>Antonia for me

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I will try that later, but right now I want to go hide until I feel better or somehow get rid of this nagging headache.

DigiDotz

Adventurous
Ok take care. later -to be able to save character presets first convert to weight mapping...

Clipboard03.jpg

DigiDotz

Adventurous
I saved a version to People>Antonia in the Daz Studio Formats directory.
If you the load the Daz version you just saved you can apply morphs etc and save as a character preset
For you clothing you could try the transfer utility

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
What type of rigging does she have FL?

If it's legacy rigging then using a cr2 will be fine...otherwise you would need to convert to triax weight mapping I'm not sure how much adjustment something like that would require...

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Is there a way to convert Poser dynamics to work in DS without buying anything?

The DynCreater script at Rendo is currently the only way to convert Poser dynamic clothing to DS dynamic clothing. And it really does work. You can however convert Poser dynamics to conforming DS clothing just by using autofit. I've done that a lot for Dawn clothes and Lully's Frills and Spills for Luna.

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
The DynCreater script at Rendo is currently the only way to convert Poser dynamic clothing to DS dynamic clothing. And it really does work. You can however convert Poser dynamics to conforming DS clothing just by using autofit. I've done that a lot for Dawn clothes and Lully's Frills and Spills for Luna.
How do you do that? Does it still look nice? And if so then I can use the dynamic clothes for Dawn and have more variety in what I can do with her.

Lorraine

Cajun, after I check out the hairfit for you tomorrow, I'll also do some screenshots of how to convert a Poser dynamic to a DS conforming using the Transfer Utility. But, you can also convert Dawn conforming clothing made for Poser to DS using autofit and I'll do some shots of that as well if you would like. There is a huge range of free clothing for Dawn all over the place and I will give you links for these.

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
Cajun, after I check out the hairfit for you tomorrow, I'll also do some screenshots of how to convert a Poser dynamic to a DS conforming using the Transfer Utility. But, you can also convert Dawn conforming clothing made for Poser to DS using autofit and I'll do some shots of that as well if you would like. There is a huge range of free clothing for Dawn all over the place and I will give you links for these.
Thank you so much, because I stink at using search engines. I have a hard time knowing which keywords to use to get what I want. I usually get everything but what I'm looking for or I get a bunch of nasty stuff lol. Thank you so much!!!!

Lorraine

OK. Firstly Wildmane hair parents perfectly and follows the poses.
This is the screenshot of what I did. After selecting Dawn's head, I clicked 'accept'.
parenting.JPG

Lorraine

Conforming a poser dynamic to Dawn:
Load Dawn. Load the Poser dynamic item.
On the scene tab, click corner arrow with the four lines thus:
scene tab.jpg

Navigate to the transfer utility and click it, thus
finding transfer utility.JPG

In the left drop down menu click Dawn,
select dawn.jpg

In the right hand drop down menu select the item
select item.jpg

Select a projection template
projection template.jpg

Check Fit to Source Figure and Add Smoothing Modifier
options.jpg

Click 'accept'

The dress is now a conforming item and can be saved as a support asset.

Lorraine

Converting a Dawn Poser conforming item to DS:

Load Dawn and select. Load the Poser item. This popup will popup. Select Dawn in the dropdown menu. Click Parent to target. Click Accept.
fit goth shorts.JPG

This popup will then popup. Leave as Unsupported. Choose what item it is (these are projection templates). Click Accept.
autofit.jpg

The item is now a DS conforming item and can be saved as a support asset. Note that the item's mats, if any, in the Poser library can be applied to the converted DS item.

Lorraine

Some nice freebie clothes for Dawn:
Rendo
Cybrea's Freestuff on Renderosity Cybrea has some very nice DS outfits for Dawn as well as Bow which you already have.
HipJeans for Dawn (poser, need to be converted to DS)
DynamicClothing for Dawn (poser dynamic)
Harvest - A little summer dress for Dawn (poser dynamic)
StudioArtVartanian's Freestuff on Renderosity some nice DS outfits
Sharecg
ShareCG - pendraia's Gallery Pen's clothing and morphs
ShareCG - jan019's Gallery Jan has a lot of lovely clothing for Dawn and V4
ShareCG - eblank99's Gallery (has some DS items plus a huge array of mats for various clothing)

Wilmap's Digital Creations (you need to sign up but she has a lot of clothes for a lot of figures)
DAWN (Sanbie has a lot of clothing for Dawn and other figures. This is Dawn's page)