• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Story Tellers Thread

Carey

Extraordinary
I love the way you did this second one.
The trees have faces, the monkeys do look evil, those glowing red eyes on the Tinman and that dog looks ready to do some serious chewing on monkey legs.
there are so many things here that is really does tell a story. :)
You know how some people have a nervous tick that drives you nuts, well it is very hard for me to do a render that does not tell a story...And yes it drives me nuts....lol

Carey

Extraordinary
I had an uncle Chucky, my absolute favorite uncle, Only saw him in the winter as he was a farmer, a six foot five inch 450 pound farmer. He had a great big old belly, but a hand shake from a huge right hand would tell you there was enough strength in one finger to lift a young boy of eight up over his shoulder and swing him like a monkey. I loved him before I ever really met him, least as I got old enough to remember. See Uncle Chucky had a voice, a voice that sounded right out of a Walt Disney cartoon. It wasn't put on or made up. I remember hearing that voice one day and I ran into the front room just in time to see the back side an absolutely huge man leave. I was all excited and I said right off I loved that man. Mom laughed, Then she told me all about his farm and growing up Around Uncle Chucky and helping out on the farm. It was a wonderful story and I could plainly see he was my mom's favorite uncle too.

I don't remember how long it was until I saw him again, but to an eight old boy it seemed like just this side of forever. Then one day I heard this voice in the kitchen, there he was in the kitchen having coffee with my mom. his voice, oh my lord that voice, that sweet wonderful voice. I went in and looked at him, he started talking to my mother and I was all smiles, I couldn't stop. He wasn't fooling any body he knew the effect his voice had on people and he delighted in it. He saw me standing there just staring at him and smiling and he started telling my mother one of his tall tales about about his hunting dogs.. I had never heard a tall tail before and took everything he said as gospel truth. Mother didn't tell him all about how bad it was to tell lies. Nope she just freshened her coffee and slide into a chair opposite him all smiles......

That is how writing is for me... I just start writing and something happens, it is happening to me, yet it is on the paper, spelling mistakes all over the place, but there it is, another character come to life. Was Uncle Chucky real? I was eight years old, While many of the details have faded with time they all come into clear view as I write. The most important thing was that voice and his love of telling stories other then that I feel I am free to tell em any way I want. What is real or at least as real as I can write it is how certain people in my life have made me feel. To me that is all important.

Carey

Extraordinary
Just got notified that I have been awarded the "addicted" trophy here at hivewire. I may be out of touch for a while re-hab has never heard of this kind of addiction and they are not at all sure I can be re-habilitated or how long it will take. They also worried I might have a fatal attraction to Victoria 4

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Just got notified that I have been awarded the "addicted" trophy here at hivewire. I may be out of touch for a while re-hab has never heard of this kind of addiction and they are not at all sure I can be re-habilitated or how long it will take. They also worried I might have a fatal attraction to Victoria 4

Late congratulations Carey. All is normal and there is nothing wrong with your attraction to V4 in my opinion.

Carey

Extraordinary
We have an older dog, part Russell terrier, and we have the new puppy, now the puppy is part Chihuahua, (it is going to take forever to learn how to spell that), any way he is part Chihuahua and the other part well the best way to describe that other part as greased lightning combined with a tiny machine gun like bark. Now as I said our Russel is some thirteen years old and can't keep up with little Paco...Paco runs circles around Lucky yipping and dancing and all Lucky can do is roll his eyes...and howl...We knew Lucky was part Russel, didn't know that other part was coon hound until now.. Paco does the same thing to my eighty years old mother-in-law, she howls too...lol

Carey

Extraordinary
writing a story right now...See tomorrow I become a bionic man, just how much of me will become machine I don't know, but do know if the surgery is successful I will able to leap over rail road ties with a single bound and they will do it all by only cutting me where my under wear now sits. Course if it doesn't work I will be having a yard sell for barely used heart parts.....

Carey

Extraordinary
My claim to fame is it was me that invented scratch and sniff....used my own underwear...never thought of putting it in magazines though

Carey

Extraordinary
Generally when I make comments, it's a combination of satire and subterfuge... It think subterfuge... I should probably look that word up or something, but anyhow... Generally I'm trying to be funny while at the same time getting a point across or asking a legitimate question... I think there is a word for that, but for now, I'll just call it being stupid.
But perhaps it's the lack of sleep, the fairly stressful and rotten past two weeks or the fact that we are all out of coffee and apparently I'm the only one properly authorized to to purchase coffee in this house and lack of caffeine in my bloodstream has rendered my thoughts muddier than normal... So please forgive me for asking this...

Is this a thread for storytelling, or you are the storyteller and this is your thread and we are supposed to critique your work?

Sorry if I missed the point... I'm guessing it's the latter one, though not necessarily with critiquing...

The title made me stop by here... Then I read the original post and discovered someone finished all the coffee and all hope of me understanding anything at all for the rest of today went out the window.
It's probably all wet too, because it just started raining a minute or two ago. When things metaphorically go out the window, do you envision them just going out the window and landing on the ground in a pile, or more like taking off like zombie virus infected monkeys from a secret government lab?
I probably shouldn't be asking a lot of questions, but I frequently throw stuff like printers, cell phones and bread makers that refuse to make bread, out windows, so I tend to visualize stuff that metaphorically goes out the window as plunging to its doom and crushing to death drunk squirrels who happen to be sleeping off a hard night of partying, under your window.
That was unnecessarily long... Sorry.

Your picture is nice... Especially if it was rendered in Poser 5. I like the idea of "Elephant Boy"... I would have titled it differently, perhaps "A boy and his elephant"... But to be honest then I'd make up a story to go with it that involved how the boy and the elephant fell in love and their parents didn't approve, so they ran away together and lived in the jungle where they started a successful lumbering company and eventually got into making new age "primitive" style furniture, which in turn brought them huge success, but caused a strain on their marriage. The elephant eventually left the boy, who was now a young man, because she felt he was no longer attracted to her because of a scar on her ear which she received in an altercation with a tiger over a parking space. The elephant ran away to Paris to pursue a career as a misunderstood elephant painter. Eventually the young man (I feel like I'd have named him "Keanu") realized that all the monkeys in the world could not buy him true happiness... I just realized my iPad turned money into "monkeys"... But I like that better, because if you think about it... No matter how many monkeys you have, they will never bring you true happiness... Sure, they'll throw poop and entertain you with their capering, but true happiness involves more than monkey poop fights...
Where was I?
So anyway Lazlow... Sorry, Keanu, decided he really loved Bhavini (the elephant... Bhavini, allegedly means "emotional" in Hindi) and no matter where she was, he'd find her... She never told him where she went, so Lazlow, I mean Keanu, had to search across the world to find her, which ironically would have been much easier if he had read the news paper like Bhavini was always telling him to do when they were first married, because she had become one of the world's most famous elephant artists and was even elected as mayor of Paris for her role in thwarting a terrorist plot to steal the Eiffel Tower.
Eventually Lazlow... Forget it, he's Lazlow now... Eventually Keanu, I mean Lazlow made it to Paris after spending all his money searching the world for Brenda... I mean Bhavini... As he lay under a bridge, freezing, he wrapped himself in newspaper and found a picture of Berlinda, I mean Bhavini in the headlines... He had no idea what it was about, because he had neglected to learn French before traveling there, but he saw her in the picture and how happy she looked (really she hardly ever smiled anymore, but at the moment of the photo, she had just farted and it was more of a smile of relief and embarrassment), so Harvey... Uh... Lazlow, decided to go back home. The next day after packing up his newspapers and rags he set off on his journey home back to the jungle. As Lazlow, I mean... No, it was Lazlow, I finally got it right... Well, actually not counting Bert... No, Kent... No, Keanu.... But anyway, as Larry crossed the street, Barbara's motorcade ran him over. Britany leapt out of her limousine and picked up the battered Lenny... She began to weep uncontrollably and overcome with grief, she threw herself off the bridge (this is happening on the same bridge Lawrence slept under).
Louis, who was not actually dead, just really dirty and unwashed and a little bit stunned from being run over by a limousine with an elephant in it, came to just in time to see Becky plunge over the side. Lamar jumped to his feet and dove after her, just in time to catch her before they hit the water together and drowned because neither of them had ever bothered to learn to swim.
Their tragic romance became world news and diverted attention from the investigation as to how an elephant could have gotten elected mayor.
Eventually the citizens of Paris had a bronze plaque placed in that very spot and to this day, lovers from all around the world come there to tragically drown themselves, just like Lashon and Bailey.

But.... Um... Yeah... I suppose your title was better, mine was just too tragic and stupid.

I guess I have taken up too much of your time... I'll go back into exile now...

Cheers.
I am a story teller, but this thread is for story tellers of all kinds, shapes, sexes, and life forms

Carey

Extraordinary
Alert: USWS asks us to remain calm, if you are not currently on fire, flooded or in the path of a hurricane....One will be assigned to you shortly....