• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do
The Weather Outside
The Weather outside is frightful.
Caption
TITLE: "The Weather Outside..."
MEDIA: "Pencil Illustration"
YEAR: 2006 (June)
BACKGROUND:
I can deal with the snowstorms, the blizzards, the hail, the power outages, and the other inconveniences of living in the deep north country, but it's those pesky snow beasts! You know the ones? They come around looking for food or scraps, and make it so a man can't even safely bring in some firewood.

This image was created using a .05mm Technical Pencil and No. 2 Hard Lead pencils. It was rendered on a medium tooth drawing surface, found in a leatherbound, Tara sketchbook (8.5 x 11 inch). The entire piece took me an unknown amount of time to complete. The central figure was drawn well over fourteen years ago, and only half finished at that time. About 2 years ago the central figure was finished, and only now that I sat down and decided to finally add some depth and detail to the background, even then it was worked on sporadically. A simpler linework piece, but I think it is quaint and justified to be part of my portfolio. I should note that while finishing the background I was suffering from partial loss of sensation in my drawing hand, which made this particularly challenging.

This piece is not part of any particular series.

There is a lot of detail that can only be seen if this piece is full viewed, such as: Woodgraining on the houses and woodpile, texturing on the roof, the axe against the woodpile...
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
Hauntings & Shadow Lives
Added by
KageRyu
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata