• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do
The Taking of Rhum's World
Warrior navigates rubble
Caption
TITLE: "Taking of Rhum's World"
MEDIA: "Pencil Linework"
YEAR: 1992
BACKGROUND:
A lone Crennon legionaire carefully picks his way through the rubble of a bunker seeking survivors to eliminate. The taking of Rhum's World was one of the larger and more significant infantry engagements of the Division War. The Legion swept over the planet in hours, laying waste to the defenders, despite their heavily entrenched position. It was an engagement that clearly demonstrated the fierceness and effectiveness of the Crennon Legion's infantry forces and anti-armor training. The armor was very much inspired by both ancient Samurai armor, and the armor designs in "Super Dimensional Cavalry - Southern Cross".

This image was created entirely with a No. 2 Hard leadpencil. It was rendered on a medium tooth drawing surface, 8.5"x11", as found in a Tara, leatherbound sketchbook. This piece took me about two and one half hours back when it was made. It was created in 1992, and I am sharing now for the first time. For a very detailed view of a Legionaire's helmet that was inspired by this drawing, go HERE. I normally place most lineworks in my scraps, but as this is a finished linework, and not a conceptual design, I am placing it in the main gallery.
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
Science Fiction
Added by
KageRyu
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata