• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do
No, I Really Have Not Ordered Anything. By Arteandreas
HWGalleries

No, I Really Have Not Ordered Anything. By Arteandreas

@Darryl That's right! But the secret is to delete all parts of the body that is covered by clothing. This saves polygons and rendering time. Another trick is to use no subsurface scattering, since one does not perceive the effect on the distance.

Dad is probably looking for another little gift behind the smile of another woman!

AND BTW
Very nice image and loved the idea and the suggested technique of turning off unseen body parts is one I had NOT thought about. Good to know for my own work.

@arteandreas Just now saw your response. That's a good trick. Your figures turn out more like game figures I guess, who's clothes are part of the figure.

Media information

Category
2016 Open Rendering Season Contest
Added by
HWGalleries
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings

Image metadata

Filename